New Vote: Is Rooney the man to take us forward? 29/12/20

Day

New Vote: Is Rooney the man to take us forward?  

333 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of whether he is or isn’t, am I right in thinking that he can’t due to the fact he doesn’t have his badges, and he can’t study for them because the courses aren’t running because of COVID??

He done well so far, and it would’ve been looking even rosier had Stratton not his the cross bar a few games ago. Get maximum points against Weds & Rotherham and he’ll do his case no harm at all...

7 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Regardless of whether he is or isn’t, am I right in thinking that he can’t due to the fact he doesn’t have his badges, and he can’t study for them because the courses aren’t running because of COVID??

He done well so far, and it would’ve been looking even rosier had Stratton not his the cross bar a few games ago. Get maximum points against Weds & Rotherham and he’ll do his case no harm at all...

suppose they could get round it by keeping him as caretaker until he can take his badges

Yes from me well before today.

If there was any doubt, did you notice the intensity of pressing high up, forcing Birmingham back to their own 18 yard line on 85minutes while winning 4-0 away from home?

Rooney is a winner and knows it only comes from working hard as a team.

The team/squad is good enough to beat anyone in this league, Rooney knows if we work hard enough and do the basics well we will win most games (barring silly sending offs and poor refs).

Who is still voting 'no'? Surely he's done enough now, no? Genuinely shocked!

I joked earlier about a 5 year contract but I can't see how he doesn't get until the end of the season at very least. Even up to the Brentford game I had some pretty serious doubts, but the gentle upward curve has been replaced by clear and demonstrable improvement and we've fairly charged up the table since and in some style too. I think there'd be a fan's revolt right now were he not given the job so really surprised some still have doubts.

My stance was similar to @Millenniumram I was very against the idea and had him literally at the bottom of my list of possibles. 
Now however, I can see no reason why not.

The team are playing much much better, they are fitter, working harder for each other, better organised, harder to score against, look threatening (when not down to 10 men), actually much more enjoyable to watch. 
Job done. 

Oh, and I thought pretty much all of our previous managerial appointments were a great idea and none got us promoted so why not go for the guy I don’t want ?

Well this is weird. Rooney was a 25/1 on to be named manager a week back and yet today, despite the result, there's been a flood of cash for Terry. With candidates having been interviewed this week, is this more meaningful than the earlier fluctuations? I think there'd be uproar now and rightly so were Wazza to be passed over...

image.png.4051bd67e4c77d21e37de7f7f2ed568e.png

I think Rooney's done a fantastic job so far, but I have really strong reservations about him getting the job full time. almost all down to the medium term implications for the club. You just know when United eventually go on a bad enough run of form to sack Ole, Rooney will be first in line if he's doing even half a decent job at Derby, and that will put us back to square one. For me if Rooney is going to get the job I expect him to be fully committed to Derby, even if it's just a two year deal. I'd be fuming if he ran off to United at the first opportunity similar to the Lampard scenario (I think some people fail to appreciate just how much that saga hurt the club).

Early days but can't fault recent performances,not sure anyone out their that could do any better. Give the guy a break let him continue and see how we improve over the season.  Most other previous manager's have done any better and like likely he could become more valuable to us as a manager than he ever would as a player.

Keep up the good work, fitness levels, work rate and offensive football. 

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Who is still voting 'no'? Surely he's done enough now, no? Genuinely shocked!

I’ll be voting no on every poll that asks this question because how he came to be in this position in the first place just doesn’t sit right with me at all.

Doesn’t matter how many wins, draws or defeats pass - the manner in which Rooney was brought to this club and jumped/pushed into his manager’s grave just makes me feel grim. 

And just to be clear: I don’t blame Rooney personally for this. I don’t dislike him. But I really dislike the way this has all played out and he is now part of a leadership structure at this club that I just do not like anymore.

Sad that I feel that way but I just don’t seem to be able to get past it.

I wasn't anti-Rooney to begin with but did feel quite strongly that given we were bottom of the league we needed a manager with personality and experience to get us out of the mess we were in. 

Fair play to Rooney though, he's not put a foot wrong yet and appears to be growing into the role.  I'm sure a rough patch will come in due course but I'd be happy to see him given the job on a permanent basis ?

Archived