v Preston North End (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

Just now, rammieib said:

I don't get comments like this. The ref cannot stop their players fouling our players and he has twice now booked their players for persistent fouling.

What more can the ref do - politely ask them not to foul?

He could have booked him earlier for persistent fouling and warned him if it continued then it's a second yellow. 

What the ref has done is allowed him to persist. He should have been sent off by now. 

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

For me, that should be Waghorn's time at Derby finished. Not only is he not a very good footballer, he's also a disciplinary liability. Sell in January or freeze him out. This was looking comfortable for us before his moronic decision making. 

Agreed. I'm not a fan of Snip, and I doubt anyone will buy him. Can only hope we can get better in on the right - Lawrence all day long (and he gets so much crap).

I think it was said pre-match that this ref is card happy. If we get into Fisher a bit more he’s a red card waiting to happen. He knows he can’t handle Joz or CKR so we should target attacks down that side until the inevitable 2nd booking.

our best chance of winning seems to be on the break or if Preston lose a man to a red card.

We still created some good chances with 10 men and my personal view is that I thought the red was slightly harsh, but it was reckless by Waggy and I can see why it was given.

I think Rooney will need to make some early subs and might even make one at half time, as it’s a free hit. Although the balance is kind of there right now unless we put JHI on where Waggy was playing and take Shinnie off.

I expect we’ll ask Joz to run himself into the ground and replace him with Ibe with 20-30 minutes to go. Keep attacking that left wing!

Did I mention we should keep targeting Fisher and attack down the left? ?

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

For me, that should be Waghorn's time at Derby finished. Not only is he not a very good footballer, he's also a disciplinary liability. Sell in January or freeze him out. This was looking comfortable for us before his moronic decision making. 

Thought he played quite well against Swansea.

He has however, put us right in it today. We are still creating but the crossing has been poor. Preston weren’t in it till Foghorn Waghorn went off.

1 minute ago, 1967Ram said:

Waghorn seems to be a pretty unintelligent player unfortunately. Stupid challenge and definite red. He should apologise to everyone in the changing rooms at half-time. Hopefully we'll make some brave tactical changes for the second half.

One word describes Waggy - thick.

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

No - Waghorn is a disgrace for letting his team mates down badly.

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Or coach your players, try and get them to learn and give him encouragement.

Were you saying that after his free kicks earlier in the season? I doubt it.

Need to stop over reacting in the heat of a moment after players make mistakes.

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Are there two people on your account?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I'm not a fan of Snip, but I doubt anyone will buy him. Can only hope we can get better in on the right - Lawrence all day long (and he gets some much crap).

If that was Lawrence, fans would be queuing up to poo on him. Waghorn is just as stupid at decision making but because he smiles and runs around he gets away with his poor play. I'd play Lawrence over him too. 

1 minute ago, 1967Ram said:

Waghorn seems to be a pretty unintelligent player unfortunately. Stupid challenge and definite red. He should apologise to everyone in the changing rooms at half-time. Hopefully we'll make some brave tactical changes for the second half.

Not so sure he is pretty tbh

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Fisher is awful. Jozwiak got the better of him nearly every time, and he's had to resort to faking injuries so save his embarrassment or else Jozwiak could've been clear.

He had the chance to get him sent off.  Went 50/50 instead of knocking the ball and running .  One touch and a red.  

Archived