v Preston North End (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Rooney need to get the player to get at this ref. Joz is getting a mauling and he's doing nothing to put a stop to it.

I don't get comments like this. The ref cannot stop their players fouling our players and he has twice now booked their players for persistent fouling.

What more can the ref do - politely ask them not to foul?

12 minutes ago, Srg said:

You need Knight’s energy to cover the extra man. 

But if Knight is going on the right you don't really get the advantage of that extra energy. Whereas as a bit more pace on the right keeps them a bit more honest coming forwards.

Alternatively I think you could stick with  3 in midfield and shift Jozwiak into a free role behind CKR. 

If we focus on just keeping them out I worry that we will run out of legs and start giving up chances.

Just now, Andicis said:

For me, that should be Waghorn's time at Derby finished. Not only is he not a very good footballer, he's also a disciplinary liability. Sell in January or freeze him out. This was looking comfortable for us before his moronic decision making. 

Waggy is a good footballer just needs to learn how to tackle. He’s still out joint top scorer this season I think 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

For me, that should be Waghorn's time at Derby finished. Not only is he not a very good footballer, he's also a disciplinary liability. Sell in January or freeze him out. This was looking comfortable for us before his moronic decision making. 

Or coach your players, try and get them to learn and give him encouragement.

Were you saying that after his free kicks earlier in the season? I doubt it.

Need to stop over reacting in the heat of a moment after players make mistakes.

The ref has been a total banker. It is not surprising though since it is Bond, always thought he is a poo ref and so far he has confirmed that. Dunno be when I saw him in the tunnel before the game, had a feeling he would be above his usual standard of tripe. I think the Red was a Red, but his standard of refereeing is average at best.
#demoteMrBond

Just now, rammieib said:

I don't get comments like this. The ref cannot stop their players fouling our players and he has twice now booked their players for persistent fouling.

What more can the ref do - politely ask them not to foul?

PNE clearly see Jozwiak as the main threat. Kicked him all half. No protection from ref. If I was Wayne I’d get Jozwiak high and feed him and see if we can get the game at 10 men each. 

We've been ok sincegoing down to ten. Defended pretty well and had some promise in attack.

It's going to be hard later in the game but every reason to believe we can get something. Long as we keep defending well.

Yeah Waghorn is wholehearted but he's also thick as mince and it's not the first time he's done things like that.

Just now, rammieib said:

Or coach your players, try and get them to learn and give him encouragement.

Were you saying that after his free kicks earlier in the season? I doubt it.

Need to stop over reacting in the heat of a moment after players make mistakes.

This is a man in his 30s. If he doesn't know not to tackle like that now, he's never going to learn. Some hit and hope freekicks do not change things. He offers nothing in all around play, and tackles like a moron.

Archived