v Preston North End (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, LincsRam said:

I live in Long Beach half the year but due to Covid I can only get in on a crew visa, so I am working one day a week as an offshore marine pilot on a ship trading between LA & SFO

Oh nice. I lived down there for 2 years. Up in LA now. Nice to meet ya!

7 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

What ???

and open up now we’re a man down 

good grief 

You're forever saying you want us to see us playing with positive intent - you can still do that with 10 men.

If we just attempt to sit in and counter them then there's only one way the game will go.

As Shaun Barker just said, be brave, push up. It's what you'd be telling Cocu to do.

The way it is at the minute CKR is running the channels leaving us with no focal point up top to hold onto the ball & relieve pressure.

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

I'd be tempted to bring on Ibe for Knight. Have that extra ability out wide to keep them honest. And I think we need to be careful about spinning in behind and try to keep the ball better or else we are going to run out of legs quickly.

You need Knight’s energy to cover the extra man. 

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

You're forever saying you want us to see us playing with positive intent - you can still do that with 10 men.

If we just attempt to sit in and counter them then there's only one way the game will go.

As Shaun Barker just said, be brave, push up.

There’s being brave .. and there’s being foolhardy 

by all means bring Ibe on at some point 

but for the next 40-60 minutes there’s going to be a hulluva a lot of dog work needing to be done, shuttling to pressure the ball so what I wouldn’t be doing is taking one of my two workhorses off and replace them with a guy who even at his best isn’t renowned for his legwork let alone has barely kicked a competitive first team ball for god knows how long 

Archived