v Preston North End (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

This is a man in his 30s. If he doesn't know not to tackle like that now, he's never going to learn. Some hit and hope freekicks do not change things. He offers nothing in all around play, and tackles like a moron.

If he offers nothing, what about most of our other players then? Sorry - but I'll support him and for me there is a decent (Champ standard) player in there. 1 goal in 4 winger (at DCFC) and 2 reds in 93 Championship games.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuming at Waghorn. Absolutely fuming. That was a game there to be won, but now the best we can really hope for is to grind out a point somehow. All because of moronic decision making from one player. We cannot afford to have such a lack of discipline, given our precarious position in the league table. So so angry. It’s not the first time he’s done it either. He’s let his manager down, his teammates down, and the fans down. We’re right up against it now, just hope the 10 remaining players can pull a worldie of a performance second half to get something out of this game.

2 minutes ago, roboto said:

I think it was said pre-match that this ref is card happy. If we get into Fisher a bit more he’s a red card waiting to happen. He knows he can’t handle Joz or CKR so we should target attacks down that side until the inevitable 2nd booking.

our best chance of winning seems to be on the break or if Preston lose a man to a red card.

We still created some good chances with 10 men and my personal view is that I thought the red was slightly harsh, but it was reckless by Waggy and I can see why it was given.

I think Rooney will need to make some early subs and might even make one at half time, as it’s a free hit. Although the balance is kind of there right now unless we put JHI on where Waggy was playing and take Shinnie off.

I expect we’ll ask Joz to run himself into the ground and replace him with Ibe with 20-30 minutes to go. Keep attacking that left wing!

Did I mention we should keep targeting Fisher and attack down the left? ?

No. The bloke does nothing but give away pointless free kicks  Not ideal with 10 men.

Just now, rammieib said:

If he offers nothing, what about most of our other players then? Sorry - but I'll support him and for me there is a decent (Champ standard) player in there. 1 goal in 4 winger (at DCFC) and 2 reds in 93 Championship games.

Not 1 in 4 this season is he? Or the end of the last one... What of our other players? They all offer something, Waghorn runs around a bit, plays rubbish crosses into the box, and miscontrols the ball. When was his last open play goal even? 2 freekicks isn't exactly grounds for him playing.

3 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Waghorn seems to be a pretty unintelligent player unfortunately. Stupid challenge and definite red. He should apologise to everyone in the changing rooms at half-time. Hopefully we'll make some brave tactical changes for the second half.

Hopefully, won’t be here come Jan window. To think we let Chris go, another stroke of genius from the decision maker.

Anyone who has played football before will have been where Waghorn is, missed a early chance, put in a poor cross, lost the ball and then over enthusiasm lead to a poor tackle and the resulting red card.

Yes he has let his team down, the fans down and the manager but he isn't the first and won't be the last, there are also a lot better players than him that have done the same. We need all the players we can get at the moment, but still no surprise to see the over reactions...again 

When we were playing Cocu-ball, both Lawrence and Waggy were bloody rubbish bar his 2 freekick goals. It took Lawrence to be injured to get him out of the team and we have looked better without. Waggy to be fair played okay the last couple of games out wide, he is certainly no striker but this today is for me the end for him, get rid, neither him or Lawrence are going to get us into the Premiership and that is how the side should be built, for the future.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Not 1 in 4 this season is he? Or the end of the last one... What of our other players? They all offer something, Waghorn runs around a bit, plays rubbish crosses into the box, and miscontrols the ball. When was his last open play goal even? 2 freekicks isn't exactly grounds for him playing.

12 in 43 last season. Hahaha. or HoHoHoHo.

But thats OK - as using your theory, I'm dropping everyone in the team!!

Just now, rammieib said:

12 in 43 last season. Hahaha. or HoHoHoHo.

But thats OK - as using your theory, I'm dropping everyone in the team!!

And now remove penalties from the tally. Regardless, as my point was (which you opted to ignore) the end of last season, his form wasn't quite so crap at the start of last season, but definitely since the covid break he's been a joke. And as such, since then he has barely scored a goal and picked up two red cards. 

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Fuming at Waghorn. Absolutely fuming. That was a game there to be won, but now the best we can really hope for is to grind out a point somehow. All because of moronic decision making from one player. We cannot afford to have such a lack of discipline, given our precarious position in the league table. So so angry. It’s not the first time he’s done it either. He’s let his manager down, his teammates down, and the fans down. We’re right up against it now, just hope the 10 remaining players can pull a worldie of a performance second half to get something out of this game.

It's still a game there to be won

Archived