New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

If we can hold on until January I think Trump would be ideal.

I know his style would be very direct, but he'd refuse to allow the EFL to see our tax returns, , demand every game we were losing continue until that's no longer the case  and there'd be no dressing room back chat I can assure you.

And if all that didn't work he'd probably invade Nottingham.

... and refuse to accept defeat. 

We could get Jack Marriott back firing again with unlimited golf. 

Rudi Giuliani could do all the press interviews and convince everyone we've won every game. 

Yes, it all makes sense ?

18 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Who does Sibley and Bird come in for? 

Im sorry but Max Bird is not a defensive midfielder as he can not tackle and he is too slow when making recovery runs. Does he get in the side over Bielik? No. Shinnie? No.

Tackles per 90
Shinnie - 2.5
Bird - 2.0
Sibley - 1.4
Bielik - 1.0
Knight - 0.9
Holmes - 0.4

Interceptions per 90
Bielik - 3
Shinnie - 2.2
Bird - 1.2
Holmes - 1.2
Knight - 1.0
Sibley - 0

Blocks per 90 
Shinnie - 1.5
Holmes - 1.2
Bird - 0.8
Knight - 0.8
Sibley - 0.7
Bielik - 0

Fully fit you'd be looking at rotating the midfield 3 between Bielik, Bird, Knight and Sibley. Shinnie, despite excelling defensively, limits us in possession but is a good squad player. Holmes looks like a rabbit in headlights at the moment. Based on current form, he should be our 6th choice 'CM', in form he's in contention to start. I also see Sibley as a better option on the wing than Holmes.

2 minutes ago, DeMontfortRam said:

Just a little update on the managerial merry-go-round... Oscar Garcia has just been sacked from Celta Vigo. Could be a very realistic possibility of him ending up here.

Yeah just what we need. 

Another manager sacked for being carp. 

36 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Who does Sibley and Bird come in for? 

Shinnie, Davies, Rooney -> Bird, Sibley, Jozwiak probably from saturday

35 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Im sorry but Max Bird is not a defensive midfielder

You sure about that ?

image.png.578d0fb6608c50dd6a5ddec0e8ea49b3.png

39 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Does he get in the side over Bielik? No. Shinnie? No.

Bielik ? Possibly not but I'd pretty much be looking to get both in there in some fashion.

Shinnie ? Yeah absolutely, which leads to the actual general point I was trying to make. Shinnie is an ok championship player and that's all he'll ever be. That's not doing him a disservice, it's more a function that he's 29. The kind of player that are good to have in the squad but not what you build around. A lot of our more senior pros fall into that same bracket of being ok championship players. The real talent is with the academy lads with those 4 in particular demonstrating that they can already compete at this level. The trick is though "competing at this level" isn't the ceiling of their ability, they'll all likely be playing in the premiership in 2-3 years with or without us and the more you play them the closer to realising that potential they are likely to get.

Build around the talent, work out how to get them playing consistently and then sprinkle in some steady older players to help them along as needed.

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The Daily Mail reckon that John Terry is in line for the job. They really don't like us do they!

I suspect that that is more than just a little speculation. It's got a familiar "hallmark" to our most recent appointments . . . "Hollywood" name though unproven. How much do we currently charge for tours of Moor Farm? ? 

4 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The Daily Mail reckon that John Terry is in line for the job. They really don't like us do they!

Eithrer more Daily Fail bull*/&t or else possibly Terry's agent putting out stories rather than anything coming from the Derby side - after all, no-one knows who will be even making the decisions when (if?) the takeover goes through......

2 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

That would be mental. Rooney would be a better bet than him. Much better

How do you know?

Terry has been working as a coach for a couple of seasons now and will have more experiance than Rooney and more qualifications.

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

I suspect that that is more than just a little speculation. It's got a familiar "hallmark" to our most recent appointments . . . "Hollywood" name though unproven. How much do we currently charge for tours of Moor Farm? ? 

I think you are right but more than that I hope you are right.

Going with someone with 0 experience feels a bit too much like putting the house on red right now.

That to one side and I understand why we've done it previously but I'm getting to sick to the teeth with stunt appointments and the sickly simpering that follows them.

19 minutes ago, Derbados said:

It’s going to be Terry and Rooney isn’t it. . . 

shoot me now 

Sunderland - till I die

Leeds - take us home

Citeh and Spurs - all or nothing

Derby county - Terry and Roon, a sitcom remake

Archived