New Manager

dantheram

5 hours ago, Stockyram92 said:

Probably a terrible idea and completely unrealistic but just a thought

The possibility of philip cocu and Steve mac working together?  Both have similar backgrounds in Dutch football and had success, whilst mac has the understanding of what is required in the championship and knows the club well

It eliminates the need to pay off cocu and would cheer up the majority that would like to see mac 3 

Or switch Cocu (Who remains popular with fans despite our horrendous performance) to DOF in charge of recruitment which has been pretty decent from him so far.

Get a new coach in to mange the team in their own image.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Bluedogmaz said:

Or switch Cocu (Who remains popular with fans despite our horrendous performance) to DOF in charge of recruitment which has been pretty decent from him so far.

Get a new coach in to mange the team in their own image.

Some of the ideas on here.... MAC 3? Rafa Benitez? changing Cocu to a DOF? Are we all intoxicated?

The new owners need to cleanse the club completely. We need to start to become a club that doesn’t pull the wool over fans eyes and there definitely needs to be more emphasis on the senior team! I’m sick of buying into the “kids will come good” rhetoric. Yes seeing youth in the team is fantastic, but too many in the senior team is seriously hurting us! 

Someone like Cook, Dyche, or Jokanovic is what we need at the club, they also need to be backed handsomely by the new owners! 

We need to get back down to sanity as a club as soon as the new owners walk through the door!

50 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Some of the ideas on here.... MAC 3? Rafa Benitez? changing Cocu to a DOF? Are we all intoxicated?

The new owners need to cleanse the club completely. We need to start to become a club that doesn’t pull the wool over fans eyes and there definitely needs to be more emphasis on the senior team! I’m sick of buying into the “kids will come good” rhetoric. Yes seeing youth in the team is fantastic, but too many in the senior team is seriously hurting us! 

Someone like Cook, Dyche, or Jokanovic is what we need at the club, they also need to be backed handsomely by the new owners! 

We need to get back down to sanity as a club as soon as the new owners walk through the door!

Not sure how you can currently say having too many kids in the team is hurting us

1 hour ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Mac 3 does have some logic to it, given that he's largely done the job we'd be asking of him before (twice in fact). I wouldn't go though because of the baggage but it's not a mental suggestion.

Dyche seems a weirder suggestion to me, given that he's still in a job. I get that it's not currently going well at Burnley but suggesting him seems a touch premature right now.

Cook I just don't really get what everyone else is seeing really. He had a good half season last year after a terrible start. But if I remember correctly didn't they find out they were getting docked points whilst they were languishing and then go on the run ? Perhaps it freed the team up ? He's only ever really worked at lower levels at this and no one else has taken a punt on him despite him being available. Just seems a touch uninspiring.

I've said it before but Jokanovic looks to be the one that ticks the most boxes and would be who I try for first. (Assuming the finances line up)

10 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Do you think he's so desperate for money he'd be willing to take on a team at the foot of the championship for peanuts?

I think Allardyce would come to us if the circumstances were correct. He's not going to get a Premier League job, so a newly enriched club in the Championship with a big fanbase is a pretty decent gig.

He'd want a decent salary and a guarantee of money to spend. He'd also want to know that everyone was being realistic - no promotion this year, but I think he'd back himself to easily save us from relegation. It won't happen unless the new owners are ambitious. It might prove impossible to get the FFP headroom anyway.

Not sure why people are laughing at Ryan Lowe suggestions. Got Bury promoted at the first time of asking. Then Steve Dale happened. Went to Plymouth, got them promoted first time of asking and are currently 8th, whilst being a newly promoted side. A very attack minded manager, who's Bury team were top scorers, plays 3-5-2 mainly. Don't think we should laugh it off, he looks to be a very promising coach, says his influences are Klopp and Pep. 

1 hour ago, deanoakaram4life said:

You can't poo poo other peoples suggestions and then throw out Dyche who is currently a manager in the Premier League and has no reason to come to bottom of the Championship Derby or Jokanovic who had a very expensive team and still only managed to get them promoted by buying a striker for almost as much money as we earn in an entire year. Cook would probably be a good shout though.

We can't throw money at anyone unless we found a way around FFP - it doesn't magically reset with a new owner and even if it did we still couldn't spend on the same scale as the parachute teams. 

21 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

Anyone really as long as they have:-

The insight of Brian Clough

The diplomatic tact of Sir Alf Ramsey

The sense of humour of Bill Shankley

And the combined man management skills of all three.

Any takers?

Curtains

On 07/11/2020 at 20:33, Rampant said:

A few more to discuss perhaps:

Ryan Lowe (Plymouth)

Michael Appleton (Lincoln)

Lee Bowyer (Charlton)

If we cant get klopp, poch or pep then I'd try for Lee Bowyer. Mentioned him pre cocu. 

Archived