New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

I think Lee Johnson could be a good manager for Derby knows the division plays good attacking football and should never being sacked at Bristol City. 

An absolutely insufferable little egotist who would be better suited to taking his David Brent impersonation full time. 

35 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

I think Lee Johnson could be a good manager for Derby knows the division plays good attacking football and should never being sacked at Bristol City. 

Not a bad shout but he's a very streaky manager - Bristol tended to have long periods unbeaten & long periods where they couldn't buy a win. Not entirely sure why that was but was highlighted a lot on Sky analysis. Stylewise, Bristol reverted to being a bit more physical & direct in his last few months there & remember them mugging us for an undeserved 3-2 home win earlier this year.

28 minutes ago, Xlor said:

If we cant get klopp, poch or pep then I'd try for Lee Bowyer. Mentioned him pre cocu. 

Got to admit, I do like Lee Bowyer but not sure his style meshes that well with our current squad - think his sides are a bit more pragmatic than what we've been used to (might be a good thing depending on your viewpoint). Done a really good job at Charlton in difficult circumstances & a real no nonsense character - they're already top 3 in League One & looking likely to return.

32 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

An absolutely insufferable little egotist who would be better suited to taking his David Brent impersonation full time. 

Agreed.. I know a Derby lad involved in the game at a high level who says he is an absolute disaster. Said source was once his captain as a player. Not got good things to say about him.

1 hour ago, Xlor said:

If we cant get klopp, poch or pep then I'd try for Lee Bowyer. Mentioned him pre cocu. 

I was a Charlton season ticket holder last year.  Charlton fight in every game. But his buyout clause is 750k and I think wba want him if you believe local press

4 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Can he handle the Rooney complication though?

At Stoke, when they tried the lower league successful guy (Jones?) who had never had to manage “names” he could not manage it (nor could ? for that matter), yet the international manager O’Neil has got them flying.

Well they speak the same language so that’s a start isn’t it!

Think the names been mentioned here before but i would love Steven Gerrard as manager.

Generally plays 4-3-3, good football, not afraid to tell any player what he thinks of performances. Has tons of passion and knows how to motivate players. He's got that winning mentality and knows what it takes to get to the top in a similar way to Lampard did. Also, speaks Rooney language which could help. 

The problem is am almost certain he wouldn't leave Rangers until he's won the title(which you have to respect)

7 minutes ago, Ramley Apple said:

Not trying to stoke any fires but is there anyone that wants Cocu to remain in post, even if just for the time being?

The longer this goes on the more points we lose and closer to relegation we become.

This cant be good for Phil either, it must be absolute torture for him. Players not doing what he asks, players not playing to standard, Wayne Bloody Rooney. The best thing that could happen to him is pay him off a few million, let him go back home to Holland, chill out for a year and then come  back and take a mid-table Dutch side on and rebuild his shattered reputation.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The longer this goes on the more points we lose and closer to relegation we become.

This cant be good for Phil either, it must be absolute torture for him. Players not doing what he asks, players not playing to standard, Wayne Bloody Rooney. The best thing that could happen to him is pay him off a few million, let him go back home to Holland, chill out for a year and then come  back and take a mid-table Dutch side on and rebuild his shattered reputation.

I don't necessarily disagree. I mean I'd be lying if I said Cocu was the long term answer now.

Problem is who do we bring in and how do they arrest this decline?

The Rooney deal brought in much needed cash and a great player at this level but it's looking increasingly fragile and to be honest I don't think Wayne wants to be here any more

But our problems stretch far beyond him, if we're being honest

19 minutes ago, Ramley Apple said:

Not trying to stoke any fires but is there anyone that wants Cocu to remain in post, even if just for the time being?

I'll turn that question round to yourself:- can you see things improving with Cocu in charge, enough to give you confidence that he is able to tear down his current philosophy and rebuild it with a brand that moves us into mid table safety?

Archived