New Manager

dantheram

20 minutes ago, Gritty said:

Question for me is why would he want to come back? Last time he was hear he rescued us from being in the relegation zone, was told the aim was mid table, exceeded it while playing good football again, hit a dip in form and a poor run (despite being above mid table) and so Mel sacked him.   If I was him, not sure I'd want to come back.

That said, I'd have him back like a shot. Brilliant coach and would work wonders with the young players

100%

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably a terrible idea and completely unrealistic but just a thought

The possibility of philip cocu and Steve mac working together?  Both have similar backgrounds in Dutch football and had success, whilst mac has the understanding of what is required in the championship and knows the club well

It eliminates the need to pay off cocu and would cheer up the majority that would like to see mac 3 

7 minutes ago, Stockyram92 said:

Probably a terrible idea and completely unrealistic but just a thought

The possibility of philip cocu and Steve mac working together?  Both have similar backgrounds in Dutch football and had success, whilst mac has the understanding of what is required in the championship and knows the club well

It eliminates the need to pay off cocu and would cheer up the majority that would like to see mac 3 

Have we not already foisted rosenior and Rooney on to cocu, how is Adding even more cooks a good recipe ? 
I just don’t get this constant obsession from a fair number on here with shoe horning ex players and managers in at all costs ,it’s very strange 

hey cocu ,,,it’s a local shop ,for local people , there’s nothing for you here

Just now, GboroRam said:

People keep talking about Mac3. Seriously?

Do you not think far too much water will have passed under that particular bridge? I can't see either Mel or Mac being up for it one more time.

Manager wise I'd love him back. But it's just not happening.

Its clear why they talk about it isn't it? For a large amount of supporters its been some of the most exciting and successful football we've seen

It probably wouldn't work under mel, but under new ownership without any of the history and grudges being held, I don't think its out of the question 

5 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

People keep talking about Mac3. Seriously?

Do you not think far too much water will have passed under that particular bridge? I can't see either Mel or Mac being up for it one more time.

Manager wise I'd love him back. But it's just not happening.

I’d rather we look elsewhere. Results wise, Steve hasn’t done anything special for several years, in fact far from it. It would be a major risk and we’re not in a position to take further risks. 

Not sure who we should turn to though. A succession of bad decisions, bad luck and bad signings since 2014. Isn’t there something about luck changing after 7 years...?

Just now, BOB BIGGS said:

I’d rather we look elsewhere. Results wise, Steve hasn’t done anything special for several years, in fact far from it. It would be a major risk and we’re not in a position to take further risks. 

Not sure who we should turn to though. A succession of bad decisions, bad luck and bad signings since 2014. Isn’t there something about luck changing after 7 years...?

I think as has been pointed out, we can't sack anyone on the verge of a takeover. It causes too much insecurity and it'll have knockons to all the financials that have been declared.

Best you can hope for, if you think Cocu is the wrong person, is for him to be put on gardening leave and someone in house to take the reins.

Which makes me think the only options are Rooney or Wassall.

7 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Now we're apparently on the brink of being loaded, if we're looking for  known pedigree, then there is surely only one man for job:

Pup Guardiola

Bit out of our league. 

What about going to Scotland and grabbing the ex-Sunderland boss... 

Jack Ross-ell.. 

Apologies ??

Archived