Is Rooney The man To Take Us Forward?

Comrade 86

Is Rooney the right man for the manager's position?  

336 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, BIllyD said:

Surely you want a head coach that's successful, does it really matter if his name is Wayne Rooney or Fred Smith ? 

Same if he returns to playing again, the best outcome is if he performs the same way he first did when he joined us ?

So people not see the connection between a successful Wayne Rooney and Derby county ?

Yes but I don't believe that him in either of those roles will bring us success

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Yes but I don't believe that him in either of those roles will bring us success

4 games in and he has already got us the same amount of points as we amassed in the previous 12 games.... and in that previous 12 games the only game we actually won was when he scored the winner....

Some people are just winners....he is a winner. 

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

4 games in and he has already got us the same amount of points as we amassed in the previous 12 games.... and in that previous 12 games the only game we actually won was when he scored the winner....

Wazza’s wagon is rolling. Quest discussion last night was interesting. I’m really warming to him...let’s be evidence driven about this. 3 points v Stoke and I’m sure he’ll be in pole position.

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Wazza’s wagon is rolling. Quest discussion last night was interesting. I’m really warming to him...let’s be evidence driven about this. 3 points v Stoke and I’m sure he’ll be in pole position.

Hard game on Saturday, @UttoxeterRam83wont be happy when I say It but I have Stoke as potential play off winners. (That’s if we don’t of course) 

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

At least it didn't say "the takeover is off and Derby are being docked 21 points ha ha ha ha ha that'll teach the Derby fan who picked on me in school" for a change in the daily mail's reporting of us.

The players wanting him is undoubtedly a factor in his favor.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

For some balance I would point out that as a player he was also as guilty as anybody for the 9 defeats we've suffered in the league this season.  

Rooney's best decision as manager has been to drop himself, so well done to him for that.  He has also been extremely lucky that Bielik has returned to fitness and is beginning to show everyone just what a good player he can be at this level. 

Rooney's earning the right to be taken seriously as an option for the manager's position, but I've got to see a lot more before I'm convinced he is the right man for the job.  His obvious talent as a player in years gone by should really have very little to do with it. 

Id give him a go now. 

It Wasnt really fair on him when it was a four man committee & he was expected to play and manage from the pitch.

He came here to work as a coach & he has probably been thrown into management a bit earlier than he would have liked but he's done well in the four games

We have seen improvements under him. Being a big name the expectations on him playing wise was very high. He's done the right thing dropping himself to concentrate on managing

He probably gets a bit of unfair press because he isn't as articulate as Lampard & comes across as if he's thick. But he's been in football all his life, played at the top & he doesn't need to be good at my job or anyone elses job.. He doesn't need a degree he just needs a good football brain to be able to manage. 

Might be a bit early to give it him full time but if he wins the next two games he'd be hard to ignore. Give him a few more him games as caretaker if he does well then give him a go. 

Ive certainly changed my tune wanted him no where near the job a couple of week ago but i'll be honest he's changed my mind 

Just like there was a schism with some folks saying that we couldn't judge Cocu's performance adequately until he had all the injured players back and had another transfer window etc is there the danger of also forming a caste iron opinion about Rooneys ability on the basis of 4 games. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Just like there was a schism with some folks saying that we couldn't judge Cocu's performance adequately until he had all the injured players back and had another transfer window etc is there the danger of also forming a caste iron opinion about Rooneys ability on the basis of 4 games. 

There is and whilst we have held our own,it’s not been a goal feat or anything like it.

Saturday will be a good test of where we are,hopefully continuing to improve.

Now,if we can start scoring some goals,I’ll be inclined to be more positive but it’s good to see a defensive improvement in any case.

21 hours ago, rammieib said:

He's bought organisation and a style which limits our mistakes.

He's going to suffer because we're still inebt at attacking and basically every player on the pitch is a one in eight man at best at scoring which basically means we are not going to score.

However the lack of a striker isn't on Rooney.

Even allowing for no subs being used...

11 players... each scoring once in 8 games...

Don't make me write it down!   ?

21 hours ago, Dimmu said:

What is critical is that whichever manager is replaced or for whatever reason, the performance of the team will most likely not improve for that reason alone. In short, a new manager does not make a better team

Jon Aarum Andersen: A New Sports Manager Does Not Make a Better Team

So if the performance change isn't because of a new manager what is it then?

17 hours ago, Highgate said:

For some balance I would point out that as a player he was also as guilty as anybody for the 9 defeats we've suffered in the league this season.  

The old manager picked him and dictated the style of play! Which Rooney says (and the players seem to agree) was too 'complicated'. That isn't Rooney's fault.

Archived