Rooney's Rams!

RoyMac5

Much wailing and gnashing of teeth going on because according to SSN the players weren't told but saw it on SSN! Poor dears. ?

Lol, if only they'd been out training rather than watching tv!!!

The SSN banner says "Wayne Rooney tells Derby players he will be in charge of first team for foreseeable future"!

#COYR #CORR

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What could he have possibly said to the players to put a positive spin on this? "I'm taking charge now because the other 3 guy's don't know what they're doing and were stopping me doing the right things." (While the other 3 are stood right next to him in the meeting). This whole coaching situation is incredibly bizarre.

Apparently it's not just the players weeping and wailing it's the fans too! ?

The club should have appointed Rooney straight away. 

Rob Dorsett hasn't told us how he knows yet, could be yet more poo-stirring, we are somewhat an easy target atm! ?

"Wayne Rooney tells Derby players he will be in charge of first team for foreseeable future"!

I've not a problem with this ATM, At least we know that there's only one person(including McClaren?)at the helm, Better one person taking responsability than the aformentioned "committee".

All on you now WR...Good luck!.

23 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

What could he have possibly said to the players to put a positive spin on this? "I'm taking charge now because the other 3 guy's don't know what they're doing and were stopping me doing the right things." (While the other 3 are stood right next to him in the meeting). This whole coaching situation is incredibly bizarre.

Yes. It's almost an impossible situation.  Like you say, we've got Rooney taking over because he doesn't think the other 3 are up to it, but how can he tell them that without offending them. Then you've got Rosenior who can't drop Rooney from the team because of what it could do to their working relationship. Then you've also got Mac watching everything their doing, judging them. I wonder how that makes Rooney/Rosenior feel, i know it would make me question some of the things i'm doing. Then on top of that you've also got how the players must think/feel knowing that their playing with the manager, surely that must affect how they play. Like you say @DCFClks, it's just incredibly bizarre and i don't see how it can possibly work. 

Personally, I have no doubt that Steve McClaren was instrumental in Wayne Rooney's decision to withdraw from the playing side of affairs and hope that, in the short term anyway, McClaren will not be too far away from Rooney in the dug-out!

1 minute ago, nickmi16 said:

We get an post match interview with him now he's the No1.

Hopefully, after Saturday's game, he has a big beaming smile on his face as he tells the media and fans how we thoroughly deserved our 3-0 win!

The right decision would've been to put Mac in charge for the foreseeable. I'm not sure anyone would argue that, but as it stands we're putting more faith in Rooney not to embark us on a journey which leads to us having the worst ever season a Championship club has ever seen. 

In 2014-15, Blackpool were relegated with 26 points and a minus 55 goal difference. At the same stage of the season, they were sat on the same amount of points we are now but with a better goal difference. Ironically, we were sat top of the league. 

In 2016-17, Rotherham were relegated with just 23 points and a minus 58 goal difference. At the same stage of the season, they were sat on the same amount of points we are now with a slightly worse goal difference (-18).  

This should highlight the severity of the situation. We look likely to finish bottom with somewhere between 23 and 26 points and roughly a minus 50+ goal difference if something doesn't change. 

The club are genuinely killing themselves at this point to pander to Rooney's managerial ambitions. Excellent. 

6 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Rooney will get little credit on here if he does win tomorrow.. somehow that credit will be gifted to the Mac who has nothing to do with the coaching..

No one will get any credit if we somehow manage to beat Wycombe. If anyone attempts to make a case that someone, whether that be Rooney or McClaren, should get the job on the strength of beating the team with comfortably the lowest budget in the division they deserve to be ridiculed.

1 hour ago, DCFClks said:

I’m taking charge now because the other three guys were easier to get rid of than cocu??

Archived