Rooney's Rams!

RoyMac5

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Ambitious said:

The right decision would've been to put Mac in charge for the foreseeable. I'm not sure anyone would argue that, but as it stands we're putting more faith in Rooney not to embark us on a journey which leads to us having the worst ever season a Championship club has ever seen. 

In 2014-15, Blackpool were relegated with 26 points and a minus 55 goal difference. At the same stage of the season, they were sat on the same amount of points we are now but with a better goal difference. Ironically, we were sat top of the league. 

In 2016-17, Rotherham were relegated with just 23 points and a minus 58 goal difference. At the same stage of the season, they were sat on the same amount of points we are now with a slightly worse goal difference (-18).  

This should highlight the severity of the situation. We look likely to finish bottom with somewhere between 23 and 26 points and roughly a minus 50+ goal difference if something doesn't change. 

The club are genuinely killing themselves at this point to pander to Rooney's managerial ambitions. Excellent. 

We won’t go down. We won’t be anywhere near. 

2 hours ago, bucktwo said:

With the track record of managers all the way back to Jim Smith  (our last successful over more than one season manager) so horrifically poor for a full menu of reasons ..Rooney with Mclaren overseeing is as safe an appointment as we can get . Smiths appointment was almost universally pilloried at the time .he bought a young dynamic coach in , the rolls are reversed now .

Ffs lets get behind our lads in this monumental task to stay in the division .. the stability and growth can come later ...and I certainly embrace Rooneys clumsiness in front of camera it sits better than slick wordsmiths passionate and articulate making excuses. 

The next few months will be a rollercoaster and our support in a non toxic way will be welcome ( all from an acceptable social distance of course ) 

Right off to morrisons as I've heard they have 25p off a pot noodle ... essential pre match snack .

Let’s get It right, the last successful manager we had was King Billy. Hashtag unfinished business....!

I read an article once and it made a very good point about players who become managers.

The question it was attempting to answer is why formerly flair players build dour/defensive teams and formerly defensive players sometimes have the best attacking teams.

For example, Pochettino plays attacking football but was a defender by trade, Capello was an exciting midfielder in his prime, but a dour manager.

The argument that it put forward was that managers often try to re-create the teams they most hated playing AGAINST.

It sounds counter-intuitive but it makes sense, Poch would have most probably hated playing against fast fluid attacking teams and re-created that at Spurs.

I wonder, therefore, if there’s something in this.

Rooney was one of the most exciting attackers of his generation and his country’s top goal scorer. Yet his first teamsheet, at home to Wycombe, are older physical players and what appears to be two holding midfielders.

If he should win today and against Cov, get the managers gig, can we expect, as someone else has put it, Tony Pulis part 2? ?

Or, simply, is he today protecting the youngsters from further psychological damage to their fledgling careers? ?

Archived