Rooney's Rams!

RoyMac5

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rooney has been use to winning totally different mentality to losing, give him a chance. He hasn't got much time to turn this ship around but if he does who knows.

A lot of the current playing staff are out of contract at the end of this season, that it the time to bring in people with the same mentality as him and good riddance to overpaid under achievers. 

4 minutes ago, falconram said:

Rooney has been use to winning totally different mentality to losing, give him a chance. He hasn't got much time to turn this ship around but if he does who knows.

A lot of the current playing staff are out of contract at the end of this season, that it the time to bring in people with the same mentality as him and good riddance to overpaid under achievers. 

But have we got time for the Rooney managerial experiment and is this the right time ?

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But have we got time for the Rooney managerial experiment and is this the right time ?

With the squad we have any appointment will be somewhat an experiment! At least Rooney has knowledge of the players, that normally takes time. Then in January if it's still Rooney we'll see what 'mates' he has! 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

With the squad we have any appointment will be somewhat an experiment! At least Rooney has knowledge of the players, that normally takes time. Then in January if it's still Rooney we'll see what 'mates' he has! 

As soon as the takeover has been confirmed get an experienced Manager in and Wazza can try out his managerial acumen at the likes of Accrington Stanley or Forest Green Rovers and I would wish him all the best ?

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

So was Bryan Robson...

Indeed.

since he came here I haven’t really seen anything that warranted him replacing Davies as captain! 

i actually think Davies was a better captain and displayed better leadership qualities on the field!

Rooney trades on his name!

56 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

That is the million dollar question, he wants it, out of work mangers may not seeing what may lies ahead, everything becomes a gamble. People thought Pearson was the right man and look what happened. 

With the track record of managers all the way back to Jim Smith  (our last successful over more than one season manager) so horrifically poor for a full menu of reasons ..Rooney with Mclaren overseeing is as safe an appointment as we can get . Smiths appointment was almost universally pilloried at the time .he bought a young dynamic coach in , the rolls are reversed now .

Ffs lets get behind our lads in this monumental task to stay in the division .. the stability and growth can come later ...and I certainly embrace Rooneys clumsiness in front of camera it sits better than slick wordsmiths passionate and articulate making excuses. 

The next few months will be a rollercoaster and our support in a non toxic way will be welcome ( all from an acceptable social distance of course ) 

Right off to morrisons as I've heard they have 25p off a pot noodle ... essential pre match snack .

Right it’s match day and I’m on board with Rooney’s Rams .... I have no choice as first and foremost I’m a Rams fan come what may so whoever’s in charge I’m with them. Performances have been dire & the last few weeks have been shambolic but Rooney has stepped up and in his own words has taken full responsibility for team selection, performance & results going forward so either he’s blinded by an over inflated ego or he genuinely believes he can do the job required of him. For what it’s worth (and despite his recent performances as a player) I believe he will give this opportunity one hell of a go and as the man in charge at the moment he has my support. The question remains as to whether he has the same support from the players??? It’s over to them now, roll on 3pm and let’s see if they are up for it ..... any that aren’t can close the door on the way out. COYR. 

14 hours ago, David said:

Why shocked out of interest?
Gerrard and Lampard haven’t too bad to counter your Neville and Keane.

I wouldn’t be shocked if he was a success or disaster, just disappointed if he was the latter.

So many dinosaurs in the game, it’s great to see it being freshened up by players who have played at the top looking to pass on their knowledge rather than taking the easy way out to the studios and becoming pundits.

He isn’t the most articulate of guys, but then neither am I, so I can see how this feeds into the memes, but those memes make me want success for him more to shut those up that have formed opinions of the guy over his appearances in front of the camera.

All those comedians taking the P, how sweet it would be to see him outperform both Lampard and Gerrard, win domestic and European titles knowing it was Derby that gave him that chance.

The first chapter in both Lampard’s and Rooney’s next autobiography’s, not the last as they depart into retirement.

Absolutely agree.  The lad needs support. He doesn't have the eloquence of Frank, some condescendingly question his cognitive abilities. He's putting his head over the parapet, let's support him 

32 minutes ago, falconram said:

That is the million dollar question, he wants it, out of work mangers may not seeing what may lies ahead, everything becomes a gamble. People thought Pearson was the right man and look what happened. 

Only idiots thought Pearson was the right appointment.

ah.....Mr Morris......just talking about you.

13 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Right it’s match day and I’m on board with Rooney’s Rams .... I have no choice as first and foremost I’m a Rams fan come what may so whoever’s in charge I’m with them. Performances have been dire & the last few weeks have been shambolic but Rooney has stepped up and in his own words has taken full responsibility for team selection, performance & results going forward so either he’s blinded by an over inflated ego or he genuinely believes he can do the job required of him. For what it’s worth (and despite his recent performances as a player) I believe he will give this opportunity one hell of a go and as the man in charge at the moment he has my support. The question remains as to whether he has the same support from the players??? It’s over to them now, roll on 3pm and let’s see if they are up for it ..... any that aren’t can close the door on the way out. COYR. 

Well that’s my post of the day sorted....................spot on. ?

Let’s hope we’re talking about Rooney’s Rampant Rams come 5 o’clock. That’ll shake me to my foundations mind seeing as scoring has been a bit miss and miss lately.

But I live in hope and would settle for a sleeves rolled up, we ain’t losing this today, in off somebody’s arse 1-0. COYR

37 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

With the track record of managers all the way back to Jim Smith  (our last successful over more than one season manager) so horrifically poor for a full menu of reasons ..Rooney with Mclaren overseeing is as safe an appointment as we can get .

This ?

Archived