Rooney's Rams!

RoyMac5

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I’m wishing him all the best, if he does well, we’ll be getting points and we’re sure in need of them. Myself, I’d be reminding all the players (even if it’s not true) there’s going to be cash spent in January and they are playing for their futures at the club and anybody that doesn’t fancy a battle is welcome to instruct their agent to find them a new club.

Fair play to him on this. It needed doing. Ideally we shouldn't have wasted the last two games with the committee, but at least he's fronting up. Even if Wycombe spank us, I'll have more respect for him than if he'd continued to hide behind the committee.

8 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Lets hope his untried managerial  skills are better than Gary Nevilles proved to be .

Lets hope so fella, Unfortunately this is how football is in todays world, Neville way back was a good Pundit, The same as Rosenior prior to his employ with us, But being good infront of the camera is miles away from the realities of football.

Easier moving from Football Manager to Pundit, Than Pundit to Football Manager.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's good of him to have admitted to playing badly. Some will still claim he's trying to avoid taking responsibility. 

He's not going to say "to punish myself for my poor performance I'm making myself train with the u23 squad until I've leanred my lesson and I feel I'm ready to be undroppable for 90 minutes every game again" is he?

What needed doing has been done, I'm prepared to write off the last 2 (and we were not that against Bristol) as a bad fudge that failed and will be quickly forgotten.

image.png.b634e32467f7690d863ef7892c639330.png

Along with dropping himself, the first evidence of humility & self-awareness I've seen from Rooney since he joined.

Lets face it, none of us are enjoying getting stuck into him. We want heroes, something to cheer us up during this bloody bleak winter & lockdown & for us to feel proud of our club.

I still don't understand the decision to put him in charge - not a McClaren fan at all but it seems utterly absurd that Steve isn't the manager with Rooney & Rosenior as the bright young things learning his coaching methods. He'll need more than wins against Wycombe & Coventry to change my mind on that, although it'd be a very welcome start.

Rooney must be aware of how unpopular this decision is amongst the fanbase. Hopefully that serves to fire up his competitive spirit, motivate him to knuckle down & prove people (including myself) wrong. He's got a fantastic coach alongside him, he'd do well to pay a lot of attention to him.

You know what, I think Rooney as manager might just work.

I think his presence undermined Cocu but that wasn't his fault - at least initially. We'll never know what happened behind closed doors. But I suspect the stories that hit the media originated from his "camp".

The committee idea was a nonsense but, again, that wasn't Rooney's fault. Mel should have appointed one of them.

Rooney taking charge seems to have been a power grab which doesn't sit easily with me. But, if it was genuinely decided after conversations amongst the committee members and with Mac, then I'd feel happier about it.

So, that all said, I do think Rooney has the qualities to become a decent manager. He's clearly driven. He knows football. Been there, done it - and has respect from the players because of that.

He's not the most articulate but, so long as he can convey his ideas to the players, that matters more.

I wish the media circus would reduce but I suppose it's better that we're "high profile". I'd just rather it be for performances on the pitch than front page stories about the Rooney family.

That brings me back to the club. I wish Rooney would show more affiliation, respect and connection with the club. It is a big club. He should be honoured to be here.

I've said before, I liked the respect Lampard expressed when he first arrived. I'd like to see some of that from Rooney.

Anyway, with guidance from Mac. Hopefully, Rosenior - a respected coach - will throw himself into the role of first team coach.

It could just work. COYR ?

6 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Apparently it's not just the players weeping and wailing it's the fans too! ?

The club should have appointed Rooney straight away. 

Rob Dorsett hasn't told us how he knows yet, could be yet more poo-stirring, we are somewhat an easy target atm! ?

On what principles does Rooney deserve the coaching role? 

Worst the forest fans living on past glories! He's done nothing for us Curtis Davies looks more like a manager then rooney! But because it's wanye Rooney he deserves the job load of b*******

Just a quick thank you @Angry Ramfor all the likes I’ve received off the back of today’s post. Not had this many for a while being pro Rooney so I appreciate it.

Quick tip, put yours followed by the person in questions username into Twitter search and up pops all your interactions. 

Wasn’t that sad enough to scroll through your timeline ?

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

So, that all said, I do think Rooney has the qualities to become a decent manager. He's clearly driven. He knows football. Been there, done it - and has respect from the players because of that.

Can't this be said about almost all former footballers that go into management? See Rooney's teammate Gary Neville, Roy Keane, and many, many more. It's not enough. They have to have tactical nous. I'd be very shocked if Rooney turns into a good manager. 

Archived