Rooney's Rams!

RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Can't this be said about almost all former footballers that go into management? See Rooney's teammate Gary Neville, Roy Keane, and many, many more. It's not enough. They have to have tactical nous. I'd be very shocked if Rooney turns into a good manager. 

Truth is, I don't know. Nobody knows.

But we'll have to suck it and see.

I'm just trying to be positive. It's as much hope than anything. But many of the other names mentioned don't thrill me with excitement either.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Truth is, I don't know. Nobody knows.

But we'll have to suck it and see.

I'm just trying to be positive. It's as much hope than anything. But many of the other names mentioned don't thrill me with excitement either.

At times like this I respect positive posters more than anything, because keeping optimistic about Derby at the minute is very, very difficult. Hopefully Rooney proves me wrong and we smash Wycombe. 

Personally I think it's a very arrogant decision to entrust Rooney with the role at this point. We need experience. We need a trusted pair of hands. If that wasn't clear before, the last two games should have underlined it.

The fact that the club are seeing fit to continue down this route really worries me. It gives me the impression that the key people involved are getting complacent and underestimating the serious nature of our plight. Someone must feel that time is on our side and that we can afford to take chances.

Yes, we have 33 games to play, but almost a third of them are in the next five weeks. A few more missteps and the games come so thick and fast that we might not even have time to regroup and recover.

This is not Chemistry 101, it's Derby County in a relegation battle. When will someone at the club realise this, I wonder?

This is not to say that Rooney can't be a good manager. He absolutely can. But this seems like a potentially fatal misreading of the situation to me.

Win v Wycombe and Coventry, what have we learnt? Lose v Millwall and Brentford, what have we learnt? This is a pointless exercise, unless Rooney masterminds a stunning run of form, say 5 or 6 wins in the next 7. That is the only way he is going to win people over.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Can't this be said about almost all former footballers that go into management? See Rooney's teammate Gary Neville, Roy Keane, and many, many more. It's not enough. They have to have tactical nous. I'd be very shocked if Rooney turns into a good manager. 

Why shocked out of interest?
Gerrard and Lampard haven’t too bad to counter your Neville and Keane.

I wouldn’t be shocked if he was a success or disaster, just disappointed if he was the latter.

So many dinosaurs in the game, it’s great to see it being freshened up by players who have played at the top looking to pass on their knowledge rather than taking the easy way out to the studios and becoming pundits.

He isn’t the most articulate of guys, but then neither am I, so I can see how this feeds into the memes, but those memes make me want success for him more to shut those up that have formed opinions of the guy over his appearances in front of the camera.

All those comedians taking the P, how sweet it would be to see him outperform both Lampard and Gerrard, win domestic and European titles knowing it was Derby that gave him that chance.

The first chapter in both Lampard’s and Rooney’s next autobiography’s, not the last as they depart into retirement.

24 minutes ago, David said:

Just a quick thank you @Angry Ramfor all the likes I’ve received off the back of today’s post. Not had this many for a while being pro Rooney so I appreciate it.

Quick tip, put yours followed by the person in questions username into Twitter search and up pops all your interactions. 

Wasn’t that sad enough to scroll through your timeline ?

I don’t post on Twitter much. Just like a few things. Dorsett must have really pee’d me off. 

Just now, Angry Ram said:

I don’t post on Twitter much. Just like a few things. Dorsett must have really pee’d me off. 

Probably frustration at the prolonged departure of Lampard knowing Sky were feeding off it for the headlines over a number of weeks whilst we were in limbo. 

Got to us all in the end tbh

1 minute ago, David said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if he was a success or disaster, just disappointed if he was the latter.

So many dinosaurs in the game, it’s great to see it being freshened up by players who have played at the top looking to pass on their knowledge rather than taking the easy way out to the studios and becoming pundits.

He isn’t the most articulate of guys, but then neither am I, so I can see how this feeds into the memes, but those memes make me want success for him more to shut those up that have formed opinions of the guy over his appearances in front of the camera.

All those comedians taking the P, how sweet it would be to see him outperform both Lampard and Gerrard, win domestic and European titles knowing it was Derby that gave him that chance.

The first chapter in both Lampard’s and Rooney’s next autobiography’s, not the last as they depart into retirement.

I think Lampard is simply more intelligent than Rooney. I also think Lampard worked harder than Rooney ever did, Jose to this day says Lampard is the most hard working player he ever worked with.

Rooney used to fall out with Sir Alex frequently and was a nightmare to manage at United and for England. I just can't see this translating well to management. 

I think the coaching currently at Derby is all wrong. Rooney is part of that. To me, it's a recipe made in hell. 

I hope you're right David, if I'm wrong I'll be delighted for you to quote me and have a laugh at my expense on this one, God knows Derby could use a win, I just sense it's going to not work for us.

7 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Personally I think it's a very arrogant decision to entrust Rooney with the role at this point. We need experience. We need a trusted pair of hands. If that wasn't clear before, the last two games should have underlined it.

The fact that the club are seeing fit to continue down this route really worries me. It gives me the impression that the key people involved are getting complacent and underestimating the serious nature of our plight. Someone must feel that time is on our side and that we can afford to take chances.

I don't think it's complacency. I think it's Mel not wanting to appoint someone in advance of the change of ownership - or pay for that person if the takeover falls through.

55 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh errr and for those of us who haven't a clue how Kanye is pronounced?! ? 

Sorry Roy, watching Gogglebox, adverts on now mind, one pronounces Kanye “can yay” remember the name, he’s going to run for President of the US of A apparently. ?

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

Sorry Roy, watching Gogglebox, adverts on now mind, one pronounces Kanye “can yay” remember the name, he’s going to run for President of the US of A apparently. ?

I think I read that. So Wanye should be able to make a success of managing us! ?

22 minutes ago, David said:

Just not going to happen. Zero motivational or communication skills. Both prerequisites for successful management. 

8 minutes ago, europia said:

Just not going to happen. Zero motivational or communication skills. Both prerequisites for successful management. 

That's not what has been said about him. He's a leader that already suggests motivational and communication skills.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's not what has been said about him. He's a leader that already suggests motivational and communication skills.

Have you watched DCFC recently, or have you been too busy reading articles quoting Wazza's mates? Just wondering, as we certainly have no evidence that the guy is a good communicator or motivator in his time at DCFC. 

2 minutes ago, europia said:

Have you watched DCFC recently, or have you been too busy reading articles quoting Wazza's mates? Just wondering, as we certainly have no evidence that the guy is a good communicator or motivator in his time at DCFC. 

You say.

36 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

He already did. He got 60,000 votes.

Which meant, as he was using the trump vote counting method, that he won. Until Biden stole the election.....?

41 minutes ago, David said:

Gerrard still to get his nose in front in a two horse race despite numerous starts. Lampard, I'd fancy my chances with millions at my disposal. Still to win anything.

7 hours ago, sage said:

Everyone was moaning about him being in team and moaning about there being 4 people in charge when it needs 1 leader.

Then when that is resolved everyone moans about that happening.

Sky Sports has reported it like Rooney decided this. Steve Mac would have suggested this to Mel who agreed. 

Who would have thought.

Article in the Times this morning basicall says Rooney will stop playing only if he's confirmed as manager. 2 ways to look this, ok makes sense or you entitled little so and so.

He is getting on, fair enough, but when you look at Ronaldo or Thiago Silva how fit the guys are at the same age as Rooney he owes it to the club to be in better shape and perform at a much higher level with his ability. Lead by example, all the players who have played with those guys say the same about being ultra professional in their preparation and that is why they are still doing it the highest level, the level Rooney was at, now he is struggling at championship level. 

He took himself out of the squad, fair enough, he wasn't good in a poor side so that's a good start. If he can  prove himself as a manager by turning this around, avoid relegation, then may be he might have claim but his name alone should not mean he can do it.

Archived