Rooney's Rams!

RoyMac5

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The right decision would've been to put Mac in charge for the foreseeable. I'm not sure anyone would argue that, but as it stands we're putting more faith in Rooney not to embark us on a journey which leads to us having the worst ever season a Championship club has ever seen. 

In 2014-15, Blackpool were relegated with 26 points and a minus 55 goal difference. At the same stage of the season, they were sat on the same amount of points we are now but with a better goal difference. Ironically, we were sat top of the league. 

In 2016-17, Rotherham were relegated with just 23 points and a minus 58 goal difference. At the same stage of the season, they were sat on the same amount of points we are now with a slightly worse goal difference (-18).  

This should highlight the severity of the situation. We look likely to finish bottom with somewhere between 23 and 26 points and roughly a minus 50+ goal difference if something doesn't change. 

The club are genuinely killing themselves at this point to pander to Rooney's managerial ambitions. Excellent. 

McLaren hasn't even got a permanent position within the club as yet until the takeover is complete, so I'm not sure why that is the right decision?

Not only that but he has been brought in a technical director, by whom we are not quite sure but I would guess that it's not be Mel based on it not yet being confirmed he will stay.

The club probably haven't got any viable options than to continue with WR, an interim or permanent manager would come with a contract and may jeopardise the deal if it's not someone both parties agree on, the new owners may have someone in mind, if we bring them in and it falls through we could then end up with someone Mel does not want or cannot afford. Put SM in charge, Mel has asked him twice already, I'm sure he isn't his choice as a manager. 

So we are left with WR, who has lost two games in charge, both away against tough opponents, having taken over a team that was already bottom of the league and yet is being written off already by some and being accused of manipulating the club to further his managerial career ?

Everyone was moaning about him being in team and moaning about there being 4 people in charge when it needs 1 leader.

Then when that is resolved everyone moans about that happening.

Sky Sports has reported it like Rooney decided this. Steve Mac would have suggested this to Mel who agreed. 

13 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

McLaren hasn't even got a permanent position within the club as yet until the takeover is complete, so I'm not sure why that is the right decision?

Not only that but he has been brought in a technical director, by whom we are not quite sure but I would guess that it's not be Mel based on it not yet being confirmed he will stay.

The club probably haven't got any viable options than to continue with WR, an interim or permanent manager would come with a contract and may jeopardise the deal if it's not someone both parties agree on, the new owners may have someone in mind, if we bring them in and it falls through we could then end up with someone Mel does not want or cannot afford. Put SM in charge, Mel has asked him twice already, I'm sure he isn't his choice as a manager. 

So we are left with WR, who has lost two games in charge, both away against tough opponents, having taken over a team that was already bottom of the league and yet is being written off already by some and being accused of manipulating the club to further his managerial career ?

Lando Norris GIF by McLaren

4 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Is that the new Twitter CIA black sharpie redaction function?

Close, I had a noob relapse and for some reason trusted the forum profanity filter to knock those words out, coming back on later to realise it had not, I had to make a quick screenshot and edit!

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

The right decision would've been to put Mac in charge for the foreseeable.

exactly       On another forum someone said the 32red cash turns off if WR does not manage or play    That would explain what has happened - the only way they could get him off the pitch and keep the cash was to make him head of the committee.  

shambles. But hopefully the players know SM is in charge    at least I hope he is 

Archived