Rooney or Terry?

IslandExile

Rooney or Terry?  

158 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neither would really get me on board, but at least Terry has been acting as assistant for a couple of years with some success and thus likely to be better prepared to take on the manager's role. Would still be a whole load of media BS about him.

However, win a few games and I'll be a fickle as ever and happy to hop the bandwagon.

Also, apparently Terry is not the total bamford his controversies may lead you to believe (I seem to remember hearing things to that effect over the years).

Still got this nagging distaste for "played for England in the 2000s" players and former players arriving and the media being like "wow, Derby fans must be amazed the x person who played for England in the 2000s is at Derby County"

37 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

So everyone has decided neither could possibly be good managers. I’m not saying they would be but I’m curious to know why so many are so certain that they wouldn’t. 

I’d also love to know why. Both are incredibly well connected in the game, respected leaders of their clubs and country as players and have worked for some of the best managers in recent times....and we don’t know who they might want to bring in as part of their coaching team - yet because they’ve not managed anywhere else they’re dismissed as being not good enough for us?

Although I don’t really want either. Thinking longer in this I initially thought Terry although I now wonder what people would think if it was Rooney with someone like McClaren as assistant?

I have to say having McClaren in his best role would be an interesting prospect!

47 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

I’d also love to know why. Both are incredibly well connected in the game, respected leaders of their clubs and country as players and have worked for some of the best managers in recent times....and we don’t know who they might want to bring in as part of their coaching team - yet because they’ve not managed anywhere else they’re dismissed as being not good enough for us?

Because the only recipe for success is someone who’s already done it elsewhere, like Nigel Pearson....oh wait ?

Archived