Rooney or Terry?

IslandExile

Rooney or Terry?  

158 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Couldn't care less how many times Rooney has banged an OAP hooker or how many times Terry went through Bridge's missus...providing they get Derby winning games. Its in the past, providing they don't bring Derby into disrepute then I don't believe in life condemnation. Most of this footballing generation were in their teens/early 20s thrust into the spotlight while being multi-millionaires; no doubt with blonde bombshells availing themselves at them at any opportunity. Can't say I share some of Rooney's eclectic tastes mind but each to their own. 

As it happens, I would prefer Terry. I imagine him to be no nonsense and be quite a strong character to lead a dressing room. Perhaps a bit Millwall but Cocu was a nice guy and he finished last.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

Sol Campbell is the biggest cockwomble on earth, thinks the world owes him cos he's black. Have you seen some of his interviews?, bangs on about if he was white he'd have played for and captained england more!!! utter knob.

Is he wrong in that view about the England captaincy? 

Likewise are Rooney or Terry any better qualified than him? Answer is no. So why would they be better choices?

I personally think we need someone with experience and probably wouldn’t appoint either of them, but if it’s the inexperienced route he should be in the conversation.

19 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Likewise are Rooney or Terry any better qualified than him? Answer is no. So why would they be better choices?

I personally think we need someone with experience and probably wouldn’t appoint either of them, but if it’s the inexperienced route he should be in the conversation.

Yes 100%, nothing to do with colour. The only ones who make it about colour are the ones who aren't good enough to get the good jobs, ie, Campell, barnes, ince, do you see a pattern?, they are not in jobs/good jobs because they aren't very good.

You don't here Hughton banging on about not getting jobs because he's black do you?.

I stand by what i said.

27 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

As England second youngest ever captain back when he started, with regard to himself I would say he's wrong.

With regard to him being considered as a manager here.  He left Macclesfield, then backed a HMRC petition to wind them up to get a few months wages.  He then went to Southend and left them 16 points adrift in the relegation zone at League one level.

Lets not forget his memorable 3 day stint as a Notts County player.

The only conversation if he applied would be which shredder shall we use.

I'd take John Terry.

We have missed out on some cracking loans since Frank left, I think having John Terry here could bridge that gap again between Derby and Chelsea.

If someone had have said 5 years ago that John Terry, Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney and Ashley Cole would have either played or managed Derby, I'd have taken that.

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

The judge said that he DID use those words TOWARDS Ferdinand.....but Terrys amazing (amazing that anyone believed him) explanation was that he was just repeating what Ferdinand said........ course you was John....

Stuart Pearce is a "natural leader"........so is Tony Adams......and Soll Campbell.....and Roy Keane.....and Gary Neville.....

And how many eye witnesses were there that said Terry had racially abused Ferdinand?

On 16/11/2020 at 21:24, SillyBilly said:

Couldn't care less how many times Rooney has banged an OAP hooker

I appreciate this isn't your main point, but its a complete myth that Rooney "banged an OAP".

The woman you are referring into was actually in her 40s.

The rumours of her being an OAP came from the fact that she is a grandmother. But she was only a grandmother because her and her daughter had kids very young.

Just think its unfair that Rooney gets a lot of flack when he only cheats on his wife with various hookers that are under 50. Hes not an animal.

Other than that I agree.

Archived