Rooney or Terry?

IslandExile

Rooney or Terry?  

158 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If i have to pick out of the two then its JT for me. 

Rooney is still playing & John has been an assistant learning & doing badges. 

I think Terry gets a bit of bad press over the wayne bridge thing but its one mistake. A pretty bad one don't get me wrong. As a player he was top. Arguably one of Englands bests centre backs in my life time & we've had some good ones until recently. I like that he left the comfort of Chelsea to go learn somewhere else. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see names like Rooney, Terry or Gerard appealing as we nearly had success with Lampard. They come with good connections and pave the way for decent loans, let's not forget Tammy Abraham chose to go to Villa and work with Terry rather than come to Derby and work with Frank.

I think whoever we choose will be influenced by Mel, hence the consultancy role, so those names are the type we will be looking at I'd imagine.

As much as I have disliked Terry for some reason he is warming to me. Although the Daily Mail will have an absolute field day.

The more I think about it JT may not be a bad option. 

The bloke was an absolute colossus of a defender and our defending for a few seasons has been poor, we allow teams multiple big chances per game because we’re not aggressive enough. 

He’s already been involved in the management side for 3 years so he’s already far more less of a risk than Lampard was and Wayne isn’t even qualified enough to take a managers job so no way should he be considered, not even with a fully qualified assistant to back him up.

Niether ,lets get proven,experienced manager that can get us out of this mess.Take no nonsense from the players and secure mid- top table. 

Need Alladyce or simular,some one who knows the division and players will be willing to jump hoops for.

Terry nor Rooney fit any criteria at this time,let them go break their teeth at the likes of Macclesfield town if they want management.

18 hours ago, WilkoRam said:

So everyone has decided neither could possibly be good managers. I’m not saying they would be but I’m curious to know why so many are so certain that they wouldn’t. 

I think it's more the fact that both are untested as managers and one of them doesn't even have all of his badges yet. I wouldn't mind Terry, but I'm not sure we can risk the gamble when we are currently bottom of the Championship.

Archived