Cocu left by mutual consent

EnigmaRam

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So sad that this hasn’t worked out - extremely decent person and very dignified in dealing with the biggest load of nonsense I have ever witnessed at a football club. He gave every player a chance to impress which sort of tells the story - not many of them can impress for a sustained period.

we ended up playing a defensive style mainly because we couldn’t actually attack because we just didn’t have the right players, oh well here we go again 

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Who is the sensible appointment?

In my opinion it is somebody like Paul Cook. He has no glamour but he knows this division, has a very good track record and could work with what we have got over the next few months. 

What he did last season at Wigan under the circumstances was incredible, they had like 8 clean sheets in a row didn't they?

Can't help but feel we've panicked again.....one season and 11 games into a 4 year contract. 

At some point, the players would have started believing, the slow, steady building and integration of the academy kids into he team would have clicked imo.

We'll never know now.

At the end of the day I'm a Derby fan so will get behind whoever is in charge, but I really feel we've bottled the chance of creating a long lasting dynasty of success under a highly intelligent football man and a genuine guy as well.

How about we keep this thread on topic... whether the comments be good, bad or indifferent.  Surely we owe Mr Cocu and the guys at least that much respect?

Let's leave discussions about other clubs and/or other managers to other threads, eh?  Let's face it, no doubt over the next few hours, there'll be plenty of threads to choose from!

11 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I've just been told someone has called into Radio Derby and suggested Stuart Pearce. Can someone please confirm that this happened?

I like Stuart Pearce. Did ok with u21s but probably not the man for us. BUT imagine if he did takeover, gets us to playoff final against forest and we win....if carlsberg and all that. 

14 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I've just been told someone has called into Radio Derby and suggested Stuart Pearce. Can someone please confirm that this happened?

They said a "Stuart Pearce type" of manager: so I assume he wants someone who shouts really loud but is ultimately terrible. 

I’m absolutely gutted about this. A true gentleman to the end. Dealt with the crap thrown at him with so much humility. Should be remembered for how he’s brought the youth players through and those that go on will have him to thank for the part he has played in their careers. He bought into the club 100%, committed to the cause, genuinely cared and would have seen the project through had it been a success, he wouldn’t have left for the next best offer.

There were promising signs second half of last season, I don’t care what anyone says. We were top 6 form second half of last season and for a decent spell averaged 2 goals a game. Ultimately though his style probably didn’t suit the championship and it’s fallen apart spectacularly in recent weeks. The club had no choice in the end. Genuinely hope this isn’t the end for him and he bounces back and gets success reminiscent of what he achieved at PSV. 

We move on....again. However despite the league position I think this squad is in decent shape and with the right voice could click into gear and get to mid table safety and hopefully build some positive optimism for an attack on the league next season.

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Hopefully the new owners can sort things out with Dell and get the stadium back, doesn’t particularly sit right when someone outside the club is involved in that way. Good to see they agreed on Cocu’s departure as well, as I suspect they’ll have to pick up the bill when they arrive!

I'm more than happy with Mels company retaining the stadium.

Why does a loan against an asset not sit right? It's a very common business transaction.

Any, just echo the mood of most posts on the thread, it's sad that it's come to this, but it had to be done. I have geat respect for him personnally and wish him all the best.

At a guess Rosenoir will be coaching the players until the teakover is completed and I would imagain they have their guy in mind.

I just hope it isn't Rooney because I don't think wayne Rooney should get to be Derby manager just because he's Wayne Rooney.

Archived