Cocu left by mutual consent

EnigmaRam

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Sky got their tongue so far up Rooney’s arse that they’ve found this mornings corn flakes. 

It's Rooney on an international break.

More likely be Buckfast they're tasting than cornflakes.

Quite heartened to read the vast majority of the posts in this thread, I’m pleased Cocu’s decency as a man is recognised by so many and his gesture in his settlement appreciated as well.

Can’t add anything better than I have already read and agree wholeheartedly with those wishing him well in future.

I don't disagree with anyone who was desperate to see Cocu gone. He was the manager and ultimately the buck stopped with him. I would like everyone to remember the behaviour of our players during this time. It remains to be seen what will happen and whether our form will improve, but if it does don't forget how abjectly poor these players were. You can level the accusation that Cocu wasn't able to find a system that suited them, but regardless of how they felt about his tactics and his motivational skills Cocu isn't responsible for so many of our players losing individual battles all over the pitch. He isn't responsible for the utterly laughable individual errors that have been a constant this season.

21 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

D05A4C07-BD00-43E6-825D-B86598038A58.thumb.jpeg.fab17eb1e54f1d17107345b024d1b077.jpeg

What a bloke.

Nice fella but was getting a bit bored of him banging on about 'the project' like he is again here! 

We need a slightly less nice fella who cares slightly less about how the club is going to develop over the next 5 years and slightly more about how we're going smash Bristol City's ball bag in on Saturday.

22 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The change in public perceptions of Eddie Howe is utterly bizarre. Why does everyone now think he’s crap?

Took hundreds of millions to end up with his side in the Championship. Look at all the money he spunked. Bournemouth coming from League Two was not the underdog story they claimed it was. It was a tale of millions and millions of pounds. We don't have that. We need a football manager, not Football Manager player.

That doesn't even touch the Burnley failure.

...Plus he's got a smug little face on him I can't stand...

I am not sad about this. I’d be lying if I said I was. We have to do what is best for the club. There’s too much at stake.

Cocu will be absolutely fine and I am sure he knows it too. On the continent, there is a constant churn of jobs and interesting projects pop up all the time.

I can easily see him and the boys landing on their feet and getting another good project on the strength of his work at PSV.

It just has to be a more considered fit. It could be back in the Netherlands, but also possibly Spain I feel.

Best of luck to him and thanks for the efforts.

As so many others have said I’m half gutted because when he came in I thought we had a decent manager, I still think he maybe is, just perhaps not suited to the championship?

Still find that hard to judge because all throughout he’s had so many bad hands dealt him, personally think it’s hard to judge on the results alone. Ultimately this season and the table decided it though and has to be for the best for him and the club.

Phil for the dignity you showed, bringing through a fair few of our academy and putting up with so much, I wish you nothing but the best and future success elsewhere. 

I'm Sad as the fit seemed really good at the time and i was genuinely hopeful we'd got it right, with a really good crop of youngsters coming along. 

I'm not sure though he understood the Championship and this year he seemed unable to have the nounce to change things, perhaps too many opinions amongst the all too numerous coaches made matters worse and only conspired to dilute his choice, a good thin out on that front will not be a bad move.

The centre forward debacle was the last straw and IMO CKR was a desperate move by a desperate man and boy did it show.

Cheers Philip, right man, wrong time.

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Took hundreds of millions to end up with his side in the Championship. Look at all the money he spunked. Bournemouth coming from League Two was not the underdog story they claimed it was. It was a tale of millions and millions of pounds. We don't have that. We need a football manager, not Football Manager player.

That doesn't even touch the Burnley failure.

...Plus he's got a smug little face on him I can't stand...

Right, his Premier League recruitment left a lot to be desired. And he didn't get Burnley promoted.

Are we supposed to ignore him taking Bournemouth from the brink of non-league to four years of Premier League football? He's not my first choice, but the idea that he's crap is just so weird.

Archived