Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

We will need 44-50 points to stay up so 38 - 44 points needed from 34 games. Looks a lot at the moment.

I have to say Cocu’s ability to get 64 points out of this side last season is shining through, considering also with the shambles off the pitch that plagued it. 

6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Norman did you want Chips and Gravy or Chips and Beans? I can’t read Liam’s writing, he’s left handed and smudged it look

163CCD04-735E-421C-805E-38483242D811.jpeg

Don't, just don't. I've never seen anything so pathetic in all my life.

Rooney should have run to the touchline and kicked Rosenior up the ar5e.

Just now, StaffsRam said:

Or it shows the benefit of having a #9 at the club...

Agreed, if we had to let Martin go, you have to replace - but obviously financial constraints has put paid to that, hence signing Stern John I mean CKR.

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is utter nonsense. He was none of that today.

Edit: and unlike some of the midfield he was always available for a pass.

You do realise I was referring to Holmes?

After all, this was your verdict on Holmes

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

His passing, particularly across field, was excellent. He kept the ball moving well. In the final third Holmes was poor, lost the ball often. Waghorn couldn't...etc and Lawrence again made wrong decisions.

11 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Sign of the times. 

Nearly not losing is a good result. ?

I remember during the 11 point season dreading each game and predicting a 4,5 or 6-0 defeat, winning was out of the question. I feel like that a bit now, a watered down version where I expect a defeat by 1 or 2 goals......very sad and deflating ?

Just now, G-Ram said:

Another tenner spent on some thrilling sky bet championship action. Spent close to £100 this season for the games not on sky & seen one goal from open play. Really is champagne football 

Save a fiver next week and ask for a link. You can send the other fiver to a charity of your choice.

Just now, Rev said:

You do realise I was referring to Holmes?

After all, this was your verdict on Holmes

Lol. Sorry I thought it was scapegoat Roo!

Holmes showed he's not good enough, not consistent. Lots of early quick attacking moves broke down with him.

3 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

What is she like now?

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I remember during the 11 point season dreading each game and predicting a 4,5 or 6-0 defeat, winning was out of the question. I feel like that a bit now, a watered down version where I expect a defeat by 1 or 2 goals......very sad and deflating ?

Exactly this

14 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

So come on then own up .....

who was it this week that said 

“there are there for the taking”

every week someone pipes up with it ... then come 4.45pm were looking at another defeat 

If they’re there for the taking wtf does that make us  

I will take the blame this week.... just seconds before they scored my wife was just walking out the door to go shopping and asked me how they are doing, I looked up from the TV and proclaimed, “they have this in the bag, got 1-0 Rooney wrote all over It, it’s back on” by the time she had got to her car, realized she forgot her mask and come back in I had turned off the TV and said “usual poo, we just conceded a crap goal”....and I went shopping with her...! 

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Agreed, if we had to let Martin go, you have to replace - but obviously financial constraints has put paid to that, hence signing Stern John I mean CKR.

Given how pivotal a #9 is to the way we play then we should have been sourcing a replacement for CM before we ever went near splurging £3m on a winger.

16 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Only Mel could come up with joint managers. One on the pitch and one on the bench. ?

And it never works.

Think Gerard Houllier and Roy Evans; Alan Curbishley and Steve Gritt. 

Appointing FOUR people in charge is a cop out to avoid upsetting the others. 

5 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

We kept him when we should have sold him and sold him when we should have kept him.

Archived