Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Hate how much the football gets to me at times. Proper gets me down. Not much to look forward to in life at the moment but there's always the football. I think that's what makes our current form so tough to take.

Desperately trying to come up with positives. Bird looking good. Wisdom looked good at centre half. Buchanan is going to end up getting sold for a lot of money. That's about it ?

I’m feeling this too.  I guess we have to focus on other positive things.  I will admit these things are kind of hard to find at the moment, but we can turn this round. 
COYR ??

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

They had an unchanged team. We lost Joz.

Oh. I thought Cocu was a better choice, experienced dontcha know.

OK, but like I’ve just mentioned, all teams have problems. Bristol City may have been unchanged, but they also have many key players missing through injury (Mawson and Weimann) and a recent COVID outbreak to deal with. They overcame their problems today. We didn’t.

Cocu is not the man for the job. Never suggested otherwise.

It is my belief that neither Cocu nor Rooney nor Rosenior should be anywhere near the manager’s hot seat.

We need a complete clear out, that’s my only point.

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

well, I meant 3 FUTURE wins, but shall we say 4?  I just can't stand all the doom and gloom   We were GOOD today (except for ...) 

We are 6 points adrift of Forest in 20th. Your scenario only works if nobody above us picks up any points in that time.

We were ok today. Not great, but not awful. Still didn't look capable of scoring even if we played for 24 hours straight though. Rome wasn't built in a day though - I didn't expect us to all of a sudden look like world beaters after losing a coach who'd been here for a yuear and a half.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

We couldn't overcome our problems, unless we can sign a decent free agent striker!

There was one goal and some controversial moments in it. Get a grip.

But a free agent striker won’t be fit until January so might as well wait until the window is open. Maybe try Ibe as the striker when he is finally fit ?

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We couldn't overcome our problems, unless we can sign a decent free agent striker!

There was one goal and some controversial moments in it. Get a grip.

I’ve got a grip, thank you very much. I am just frustrated at the way this club is headed.

I agree with you that Cocu had to go and I was glad to see him go. But I don’t think Rooney or Rosenior are the answer either. Personally I would have let Wassall take charge. I said so days ago.

4-6 points from the next two and I’ll quote you with a profuse apology about Rooney and Rosenior, but I doubt I’ll need to.

29 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Hate how much the football gets to me at times. Proper gets me down. Not much to look forward to in life at the moment but there's always the football. I think that's what makes our current form so tough to take.

Desperately trying to come up with positives. Bird looking good. Wisdom looked good at centre half. Buchanan is going to end up getting sold for a lot of money. That's about it ?

It’s definitely a tough old time mate. Try to remember, as they say, football is “the most important unimportant thing”. You health, your loved ones, your happiness outside of this crazy sport is worth so much more. Try to immerse yourself with other activities and distractions (fitness, mindfulness, watching films!!) and remember it’s just a game. Failing that, speak to your family and friends about it, or people on here. Very happy to discuss issues in direct messages if preferred. Look after yourself first and foremost. ?

Just now, Jourdan said:

Personally I would have let Wassall take charge. I said so days ago.

4-6 points from the next two and I’ll quote you with a profuse apology about Rooney and Rosenior, but I doubt I’ll need to.

I didn't say how many points we'd get. I'd have sacked Cocu before we did.

Wassall isn't the answer and I doubt he could get them to play to a non-existent striker either. What was wrong today was all in the final third. A bit of that will change if Joz is back Weds. Some of it might change if Ibe gets fit fast. Probably it won't change for ANY manager until January.

Rosenior is so cocksure and confident in himself. He only got a job at Derby because Mel was brainwashed by his ‘punditry’ on sky sports. You come across people like him all the time in the working environment. Can come across as the most knowledgeable and confident person around because they have the gift of the gab, but reality he is clueless.

We need a new manager that needs to sack and get rid. 

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

To be fair, there’s only one poster really saying we improved that much. And he’s biased by a hatred for Phillip Cocu and a love for slow, ageing strikers.

Didn’t realise CKR was that loved already.....

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

To be fair, there’s only one poster really saying we improved that much. And he’s biased by a hatred for Phillip Cocu and a love for slow, ageing strikers.

I thought we were much improved in the build up today. 

But whether we get the ball to them slowly or quickly, our front three aren't delivering. 

Somebody said Wassall wouldn't do better. Maybe not, but he'd play a centre forward at least. Waghorn is not a centre forward.

21 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

You're saying someone has a hatred for Cocu? That's poor, he's a decent man. His football wasn't right for us or the Championship but that is a different matter.

Poor show to score points by slinging mud.

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

I thought we were much improved in the build up today. 

But whether we get the ball to them slowly or quickly, our front three aren't delivering. 

Somebody said Wassall wouldn't do better. Maybe not, but he'd play a centre forward at least. Waghorn is not a centre forward.

I’m not so sure we were to be honest. We’ve always been pretty good at passing around midfield, it’s been the quality in the final third that’s the problem. And I didn’t see any more creativity today then we had seen under Cocu. Maybe some of the movement was better, but that’s all I’ve got really. I reckon we’d have seen exactly the same result with Cocu in charge today. 

To be fair, I do think Waghorn is naturally a striker, he’s just a very average one. Not as good as Martin, which is why we’re far worse going forward this season compared to last season. Personally, as much as I’m far from convinced by Rooney and Rosenior, I’d rather leave Walsall where he is. He’s doing a very good job where he is and we don’t want to disrupt that, nor does he deserve to be thrown into this mess.

Archived