Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

Tell you what rosenoir talks a good talk and i could imagine he'd be great at foreplay then when it came to riding the pony either wouldn't get up or would be like us around the box but no end product. As for Rooney the less said the better I'm sick of it becoming the Rooney show and everyone saying Rooneys Derby County. No it isn't we have been a club since 1884 and we will round after the granny lover has ducked off

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You're saying someone has a hatred for Cocu? That's poor, he's a decent man. His football wasn't right for us or the Championship but that is a different matter.

Poor show to score points by slinging mud.

Mate, I’m no massive fan of Cocu, and I wanted him gone, but I don’t know how you can’t see how blinkered your posts are coming across. A couple of weeks ago everything that went wrong was the managers fault. Now Rooney is “in charge”, nothing is his fault. If you’re going to criticise, at least be consistent.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

A couple of weeks ago everything that went wrong was the managers fault. Now Rooney is “in charge”, nothing is his fault. If you’re going to criticise, at least be consistent.

Cocu was in charge of the team and the football which I didn't rate. You talked of hatred for the man - apologise.

I see that a few posters have at last noticed how completely ineffective Martyn Waghorn is, not a Championship class striker by any stretch of the imagination ..

One doesn’t have to look much further than the presence of Waghorn and Lawrence up front to realise where much of our problems lie, and which brings further into focus the folly of parting with Chris Martin ! 

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Mate, I’m no massive fan of Cocu, and I wanted him gone, but I don’t know how you can’t see how blinkered your posts are coming across. A couple of weeks ago everything that went wrong was the managers fault. Now Rooney is “in charge”, nothing is his fault. If you’re going to criticise, at least be consistent.

It's almost hard to believe it's real how he can flip to being the manager's cheer leader after blaming everything on the previous one with no noticeable change in performance. It's hilarious. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Cocu was in charge of the team and the football which I didn't rate. You talked of hatred for the man - apologise.

Well it certainly seemed like you disliked him, possibly because a certain someone left while he was in charge. I apologise if that isn’t the case, but that’s the feeling I got.

Just now, Andicis said:

It's almost hard to believe it's real how he can flip to being the manager's cheer leader after blaming everything on the previous one with no noticeable change in performance. It's hilarious. 

Have you noticed a different manager, you seem confused by that.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Have you noticed a different manager, you seem confused by that.

There was no noticeable or discernible change in performance. The difference is your perception of the person in charge. If I presented you with that 90 minutes and didn't tell you who was in charge, you'd be slagging it off as per usual.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well it certainly seemed like you disliked him, possibly because a certain someone left while he was in charge. I apologise if that isn’t the case, but that’s the feeling I got.

I never disliked Cocu and I said more than once how upsetting it was when good people fail. He is a decent man, but that wasn't enough. I never made any negative personal comments about Cocu the man. 

Martin left because we couldn't afford him - Cocu wanted him to stay. He played him and let other teams see what an asset he is.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I never disliked Cocu and I said more than once how upsetting it was when good people fail. He is a decent man, but that wasn't enough. I never made any negative personal comments about Cocu the man. 

Martin left because we couldn't afford him - Cocu wanted him to stay. He played him and let other teams see what an asset his is.

You been on the beer all day or wine or just not have the specs on. If that was on TV today and we didn't have any news in the last 2 weeks you wouldn't have known that cocu had gone. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Martin left because we couldn't afford him - Cocu wanted him to stay. He played him and let other teams see what an asset he is.

I never said you did make any personal comments about him. What I meant was you’d made your mind up on him long ago, and criticised him no matter what was happening on the pitch. Now, all of a sudden, it’s no longer the managers fault that we lost - despite the performance being basically the same. As @Andicis says, it’s genuinely amazing that you can’t see how blinkered your posts are.

4 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

If any of those 3 shouts had been given against us, you’d be absolutely funkin fuming!!! No of them were fouls, just desperate shouts...

Really? - why did the ref book Paterson for one of those peno shouts then? Gave us a corner yet books the player for a foul in the box?! 

3 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

You been on the beer all day or wine or just not have the specs on. If that was on TV today and we didn't have any news in the last 2 weeks you wouldn't have known that cocu had gone. 

The game finished 1-0 to the opposition - that was the only similarity in today’s performance to the recent performances under Cocu.

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m not so sure we were to be honest. We’ve always been pretty good at passing around midfield, it’s been the quality in the final third that’s the problem. And I didn’t see any more creativity today then we had seen under Cocu. Maybe some of the movement was better, but that’s all I’ve got really. I reckon we’d have seen exactly the same result with Cocu in charge today. 

To be fair, I do think Waghorn is naturally a striker, he’s just a very average one. Not as good as Martin, which is why we’re far worse going forward this season compared to last season. Personally, as much as I’m far from convinced by Rooney and Rosenior, I’d rather leave Walsall where he is. He’s doing a very good job where he is and we don’t want to disrupt that, nor does he deserve to be thrown into this mess.

We did it a lot quicker today, though, gave the defence less time to settle. I thought we got to them at times but couldn't capitalise because of the lack of quality - and confidence - in the final third.

I thought Bird was particularly creative and played some lovely through balls that Holmes and Lawrence failed to progress.

We will have to disagree about Waghorn. God loves a trier, but I can see better options sitting on the bench. I would play him wider.

I wasn't suggesting Wassall by the way, just saying even he would play a centre forward. 

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I never said you did make any personal comments about him.

What I meant was you’d made your mind up on him long ago, and criticised him no matter what was happening on the pitch. Now, all of a sudden, it’s no longer the managers fault that we lost - despite the performance being basically the same.

As @Andicis says, it’s genuinely amazing that you can’t see how blinkered your posts are.

FFS. You accused me of hating Cocu the person.

Yes I was never convinced by Cocu's ability - is that a crime? You seem more upset by the fact I got it right than the fact Cocu was wrong for us!

My posts aren't blinkered at all - we played well today. No way would you think that was a Cocu performance. 

Waghorn is no Chris Martin, that is undeniable.

But he is a massive confidence player. Look at how he was playing under Lampard - the evidence is there that he can be effective in that position.

The problem is that Lawrence is struggling for form, Sibley seems out of favour, and Ibe and Jozwiak are still finding their feet after recent moves.

Waghorn will look a lot better when the others around him are producing the goods.

A bigger concern for me is how Sibley and Whittaker can’t get a look in.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

FFS. You accused me of hating Cocu the person.

Yes I was never convinced by Cocu's ability - is that a crime? You seem more upset by the fact I got it right than the fact Cocu was wrong for us!

My posts aren't blinkered at all - we played well today. No way would you think that was a Cocu performance. 

I thought we played better against Bournemouth 

Archived