Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

Much more positive today generally but as always The decision making and quality around the box is woeful. I know it won't instantly  improve in a week and I am not a Tom hater but he and Waghorn very poor quality around box and tom incredibly selfish at times. Ahead of January need to try one or more of the youngsters upfront regularly from the start who may play more teamlike. It wont get better keeping Waghorn there i'm afraid. Nice bloke but we are not awarding team places on that basis. Very disappointed as we could have won that one.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Archied said:

New manager bounce ,,, players in training looking massively lifted??????

I never said that though, I just mentioned the new manager bounce as a possibility, never said massively lifted. I expect it will take a few games to play some decent attack football, but if we don't grind out wins we might need top 6 form to stay up soon and then we will have no chance really. 

9 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Today was as the rest of the season has been, nowhere near good enough. Lacked any “real” momentum going forward, and the defending for the goal was laughable. We are heading down spectacularly, hard to understand as a fan how we have gone backwards so quickly.

@RoyMac5you don’t agree ?

2 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Fair enough, no arguing that getting the ball in the goal was the problem, so you think the players are to blame ?

Yes. I think for many seasons we have had players who are mentally weak. 

The management team were guilty of not bringing JHI on earlier but players should know that they need to get themselves in the box when we are attacking and that you get goal side of your man when defending. 

Once again today we were 'lucky' that Marshall's poor control wasn't seized upon and that Wisdom 's obstruction of his man to prevent his poor back pass being reached wasn't seen. 

Buchanan was great for an hour today, then awful for half an hour. 

That's part of his development. He is a great prospect. 

Our biggest problem remains that we have a team of midfielders and inside forwards. Everyone wants to play pretty football and no one puts their hand up as a goalscorer. 

It's 'after you Claude' every week. 

The balance is wrong because we try to shoehorn Lawrence in and our midfield doesn't carry any kind of goal threat. 

Jozwiak, Waghorn and JHI up front next week. 

2 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Norwich result no but we did a Bristol City on them.

I agree with that but we got a point at Bournemouth and Forest 

But the problem has been no target man all season .

That won’t change .

All the plaudits from Steel and Dawes on RD won’t win us games. 

Let’s hope we win at Boro but I can’t see it. 

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I don't think I mentioned Rooney once did I? I said we needed a new coach, I never pinned blame to either Rosenior or Rooney, I just don't think either of them are ready. Quote me where I particularly dug out Rooney and I'll take it back. 

You mentioned Rooney directly in both posts.

Just now, WystonRam said:

@RoyMac5you don’t agree ?

Check the stats. We were playing a top 6 team away from home - what were you expecting from us even if we weren't bottom?

We were much more pacy, we closed down, we ltackled, we looked (bar one error) looked solid in defence, the centre halves brought the ball out well, Rooney orchestrated play well (only got caught in possession once), Bird looked back to his better self, Buchanan looked good although his crossing wasn't quite, Lawrence also played the defensive role well but one or two wrong decisions up front. 

But all in all, all game it was miles more positive, front foot than we've seen in a good while. #COYR

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I suggest you look up in a dictionary what a sycophant is, and then come back to me.

Semantics then you know what I mean.

We are bloody awful at the moment, if I didn't support the Rams I wouldn't give a damn. But we are rock bottom after 12 games and don't look like we would score in a brothel.

19 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

If any of those 3 shouts had been given against us, you’d be absolutely funkin fuming!!! No of them were fouls, just desperate shouts...

Holmes tugged back, Clarke pushed, Trialist barged into... any one would have been soft butter accumulation of them means that one would have been deserved.

Archived