Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, sage said:

Apparently Paterson has been booked for fouling Holmes in the box but no penalty was given.  

That sounds like a terrible decision was it when he got pulled back when running into the box. What explanation can the ref give for that. The only thing I can think is we were in a better goal scoring position.

1 minute ago, Gritstone Ram said:

That sounds like a terrible decision was it when he got pulled back when running into the box. What explanation can the ref give for that. The only thing I can think is we were in a better goal scoring position.

I didn't see it. Just saw Holmes being angry with the ref and Paterson got booked a few seconds later 

Rooney and Rosenoir gone mad after the game about it 

I see my change of luck thread worked  

34 minutes ago, LincsRam said:

Been saying this for the last 5 games, either he isn't interested or does a fantastic mini run and makes the wrong choice of cross or shoot.

Who are you going to replace him with when Kamil is injured? He is one of our players with some flair.  His decision making is poor sometimes, but we need players like Tom IMO.  Otherwise, what kind of team do we have? Solid, unskillful robotic players that can’t change a game?

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Check the stats. We were playing a top 6 team away from home - what were you expecting from us even if we weren't bottom?

We were much more pacy, we closed down, we ltackled, we looked (bar one error) looked solid in defence, the centre halves brought the ball out well, Rooney orchestrated play well (only got caught in possession once), Bird looked back to his better self, Buchanan looked good although his crossing wasn't quite, Lawrence also played the defensive role well but one or two wrong decisions up front. 

But all in all, all game it was miles more positive, front foot than we've seen in a good while. #COYR

So post this rather than a crying face as a reply ? I don’t agree BTW , i think our  league position is staggeringly worring.

1 minute ago, sage said:

I didn't see it. Just saw Holmes being angry with the ref and Paterson got booked a few seconds later 

Rooney and Rosenoir gone mad after the game about it 

I see my change of luck thread worked  

If we had an end product our luck wouldn’t need to change we would win these games.

1 minute ago, WystonRam said:

So post this rather than a crying face as a reply ? I don’t agree BTW , i think our  league position is staggeringly worring.

I think it was alaughing face mate.

I at NO time said I wasn't worried about our position - but was this a game we were EXPECTED to win at any time at all seeing where BC are and how they're playing?

1 minute ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Who are you going to replace him with when Kamil is injured? He is one of our players with some flair.  His decision making is poor sometimes, but we need players like Tom IMO.  Otherwise, what kind of team do we have? Solid, unskillful robotic players that can’t change a game?

Apologies for that rant.  We have players with flair.  They seem to be afraid of showing it sometimes.

1 minute ago, Grumpy Git said:

Semantics then you know what I mean.

We are bloody awful at the moment, if I didn't support the Rams I wouldn't give a damn. But we are rock bottom after 12 games and don't look like we would score in a brothel.

We might have have had an awful season to date, but we weren’t awful today. We controlled much of the game, but had insufficient quality again in the final third. Deserved a draw in my opinion.

Rooney/Rosenior taking pelters even though a good number of our players today were away last week on international duty. No real chance as yet to get everyone together, to significantly change our approach.  I thought however we did try to mix it up today a bit more than of late, but regrettably Waghorn, Lawrence and Holmes all had poor games. Good to see Bird back, looked quality I thought.

Archived