Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

6 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Just a shambles ain’t it mate, I still think right man, wrong time.... 

Yep,other than in our record breaking premier league year,I haven't been so disheartened with our football and activities on and off the field.

I can't fully decide if it's bad luck or a long term set of mismanagement decisions.

probably both but either way it's all a bit sad.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

So we aren't allowed to be unlucky but we are allowed to be lucky ?

I don't argue that we are missing a goal scorer, I don't see that being JHI, I think bringing him in will not help, personal opinion based upon seeing him play.

Lawernce for me is the only one that will have a shot, take him out and you lose that, Id bring in Joziwak for Knight, he isn't a winger and although has bags of energy for me is behind Bird in quality on the ball. For me though today wasn't that bad, we deserved a draw at a minimum and I'd take playing like we did over the way Bristol did every day of the week. And yes I know they came away with the three points.... 

knight is Derby’s best player this season. Played every babe so far abd even started for Republic of Ireland in the week 

1 minute ago, BIllyD said:

One piece of the jigsaw, the other is getting players into the box, at present we don't do it often enough.

Just another part of our awful start under Cocu. Think Knight and Sibbo last season, we need that back. With Joz too, plus Lawro and Ibe. Even Wayne!

35 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is utter nonsense. He was none of that today.

Edit: and unlike some of the midfield he was always available for a pass.

He's actually talking about Holmes, not Spud you plum! ?‍♂️

FWIW, I thought Rooney looked ok today. Certainly a step up on his recent performances for sure. That said, the best player on the pitch today was Max Bird and by some distance. His blip in confidence levels seems well and truly confined to the past. If only we could say the same about one or two others.

On a general note, I thought we deserved at least a point today. The performance was fair and Bristol looked really ordinary, but I think we need the likes of Ibe, Bielik and Jozwiak to have a run of games if we are to see a significant uplift in form and results yielded.

26 minutes ago, James Pond said:

Believe me fella I aint slow to understand, I've been watching DCFC since 1966 over 1300 home games plus 100s away, Played, Managed and even Refereed the game.

What was it when Forest went down from the Prem..."too good to go down" guess what, They were relegated, If these players have the "QUALITY" but not showing it...why...is the question, You can take a horse to water, But you can't make it drink, These quality players need to show their quality, Until then it will be more of the same.

Read what I’m saying... I don’t think we’re saying different things. 

I’m saying the players need to step up. 

9 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

knight is Derby’s best player this season. Played every babe so far abd even started for Republic of Ireland in the week 

In a team that is bottom of the league. He has performed to his limits, for me and I know it's an unpopular opinion, but when others remain preforming to theirs, he isn't in the best 11. 

im sure he is very pleased at starting for the republic and so he should be, but the competition he is against is limited. Don't take this as a Knight bashing post though, our league position is not because of him, I like his energy and once again it's only my opinion a good valued squad member.

2 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

What would the attendance be in Div 1? 

15000?

And yet I dont think I'd miss the 10k that wouldn't come. Think of all then grounds we could goto as well that we haven't been to for a while...every cloud and that :-)

3 minutes ago, S8TY said:

where was Beilik today ? not even on bench ?

I think they are still tying to get the lad fully fit. He played for the U323s last night and I'd imagine he'll get game time in the next match. Think that personally I'd have risked him today given he seemed to add plenty last time out, but then players coming back after a long break are highly susceptible to injury so I kind of get their thinking. Hopefully the patience will be rewarded.

38 minutes ago, David said:

Your posts recently have not gone unnoticed. Superb point there you have made. Not one even I had stopped to consider until now. 

I do feel there is a strong dislike for Rooney to be given a chance, so strong it would need to be a drastic change on the pitch for hands to go up and say, yeah maybe this could be alright.

There were small things today, but as you say, Jozwiak, Lawrence, Knight, Sibley, Buchanan, Marshall have all been away whilst this all went down. Probably had a couple of days at most with these players.

christian bale kiss GIF

Archived