Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

4 minutes ago, Beetroot said:

Marshall

Byrne   Evans   Clarke   Bucho

Knight   Bird   Sibley

Jozwiak   Waghorn   Lawrence

Knight, Bird & Sibley should now be 11 games into the season now as a midfield unit. Instead they've barely had a kick together. Sort that out first please Wanner.

Bielik has to play for me...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

There was nothing wrong with the title... the clue was in the '(A)' ?

Home team always gets written first, don’t be so disrespectful. You’d never hear whatshisname read out the away team first at 5pm. 

Think we’ll play something similar to this         

Marshall

byrne         Bielik             Clarke    Buchanan 

Bird 

Knight          Holmes/sibley

Kj7                    Waggy                  Lawrence 

1 minute ago, Big Trav said:

I’m torn whether Rooney will start himself or not. He might because he believes in himself but also might want to show Mel he can manage a game

On the bench for if things need changing I reckon. But might start to get them going! ? #COYR

16 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I’m torn wether Rooney will start himself or not. He might because he believes in himself but also might want to show Mel he can manage a game

He’ll start, he hasn’t had the career that he’s had by doubting himself and he’ll believe that he can win us games... and we need that. Like many have said, I think Cocu’s tactics restricted him, and a few others, so this is a great chance for him to prove his worth by playing in a system that presumably suits him better.

29 minutes ago, David said:

Marshall 

Beilik Davies Clarke

Byrne Knight Rooney Buchanan

Jozwiak Waghorn Lawrence

That will do it. That will win us this football game.

Just the one change then? From the team that got embarrassed at home to Barnsley? Same formation?

Seriously I'm this close to logging off for good. 

(I'm doing a little thing with my fingers like I'm holding something really small between my index finger and thumb).

Just now, Beetroot said:

Just the one change then? From the team that got embarrassed at home to Barnsley? Same formation?

Seriously I'm this close to logging off for good. 

(I'm doing a little thing with my fingers like I'm holding something really small between my index finger and thumb).

Under a new management team with a more attacking philosophy, something which they mentioned the other day.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think Sibley will play David 

I think Rooney would be a fan of both Knight and Sibley, they like to get on the ball, drive us forward. Exciting couple of players we have on our hands. 

But I also think Rooney backs himself, still believes he can be the difference, spoke about his calmness on the ball, likes to make things tick. For this reason I think he will start today, and in midfield.

Knight or Sibley I wouldn’t be disappointed, just think Knight has played more, impressed enough to get a senior call up for his country so edges it today. 

Just now, David said:

I think Rooney would be a fan of both Knight and Sibley, they like to get on the ball, drive us forward. Exciting couple of players we have on our hands. 

But I also think Rooney backs himself, still believes he can be the difference, spoke about his calmness on the ball, likes to make things tick. For this reason I think he will start today, and in midfield.

Knight or Sibley I wouldn’t be disappointed, just think Knight has played more, impressed enough to get a senior call up for his country so edges it today. 

Depends if it’s 4-3-3 though 

Maybe he could fit Sibley in the 3 

Team selection and system will be interesting 

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Depends if it’s 4-3-3 though 

Maybe he could fit Sibley in the 3 

Team selection and system will be interesting 

Let’s face it, we have lots of options.

I just prefer the 3-4-3 as it’s more flexible with and without the ball.

It will leave players on the bench though that would be a tough on them.

1 minute ago, David said:

Let’s face it, we have lots of options.

I just prefer the 3-4-3 as it’s more flexible with and without the ball.

It will leave players on the bench though that would be a tough on them.

The 5 subs rule is going to be very significant so whoever starts will have to play well or they will be in danger of being subbed. 

Archived