Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Buchanan

Knight Bird Rooney

Holmes Waghorn Lawrence

One CDM on the bench. Another out because he played in an U23s game...despite playing 90mins against Barnsley two weeks ago.

Surprising to say the least. 

5 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Very, very rare that I will criticise a team selection, but if Bielik isn’t injured then that is simply baffling

He must be injured to not even make the expanded subs bench, mustn't he?! Couple that with Jozwiak also out and .....?

3 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Presumably Bielik isn't fully fit to play yet, he didn't really look ready last time out for us. 

We're going to miss Joz today and it's a pity Ibe isn't ready yet but otherwise a strong team. Statement with the formation too. 

Guess Colin's short time with us is probably already up. 

Yeah, if he's fit, quite a statement to not be on the extended bench.  Hope Holmes has a good game.

1 minute ago, Orphanram said:

OB on Twitter said he played for the U23’s yesterday which indicated he is not seen as being fully aware fit by the new management team.

That’s a relief in a way, it’d be worrying if they just didn’t rate him. We’ve clearly had issues with players not being fit enough, so I’d rather a team that can maintain a good level and keep up with the pace of the game throughout.

Also, we should NEVER rush back big money signings considering our record. 

Just now, dabber said:

He must be injured to not even make the expanded subs bench, mustn't he?! Couple that with Jozwiak also out and .....?

I suspect it is an injury, yeah. Or rather not fully fit if he played for the 23s yesterday. Just disappointed as I think he is crucial

Just now, BIllyD said:

Is there some humour in there I dont understand or are you saying you want the team to lose ?

Obviously I’d like to win a game, but I absolutely don’t want Rooney at this club. So, given the inevitability of the loss, it might as well be a pumping. 

Archived