Cocu meeting the board today

Arsene Titman

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I bet there's a performance clause in there.....Mel rarely loses out in these situations

Really. Strikes me he is a bit piss and wind when it comes to the crunch.  His battle with Rush a big case in point.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Really. Strikes me he is a bit piss and wind when it comes to the crunch.  His battle with Rush a big case in point.

I agree, don't think he wrote in anything particularly onerous into Cocu's contract or he wouldn't have come. He only flat track bullies people like Keogh when he knows he's got an unassailable position.

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

Was that because he was beaten in the air by someone half his height after playing him onside because he was five yards behind every other defender?

It would be harsh to blame Curtis Davies entirely for the QPR goal. Leading up to the goal Holmes lost the ball in midfield, Shinnie played a poor pass to Joz who jumped out of the way of Dickie and Davies dropped too deep too early for the cross.

From a QPR perspective the ball from Dickie took Davies and the rest of the Derby side bar our keeper. A catalogue of errors that sums up the “can’t be arsed” performance of the team throughout the match. We managed to make a bang average team like QPR look like a top side.

4 minutes ago, chadlad said:

It would be harsh to blame Curtis Davies entirely for the QPR goal. Leading up to the goal Holmes lost the ball in midfield, Shinnie played a poor pass to Joz who jumped out of the way of Dickie and Davies dropped too deep too early for the cross.

From a QPR perspective the ball from Dickie took Davies and the rest of the Derby side bar our keeper. A catalogue of errors that sums up the “can’t be arsed” performance of the team throughout the match. We managed to make a bang average team like QPR look like a top side.

The whole chain of events leading to the goal was precipitated by Jozwiak jumping up in the air looking for a foul which quite rightly wasn't given. 

Dickie then plodded forward without any Derby player putting any pressure on him whatsoever giving him the time to pick his pass at will. Forsyth please take note.

Shouldn't have even got that far. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Dickie then plodded forward without any Derby player putting any pressure on him whatsoever giving him the time to pick his pass at will. Forsyth please take note.

Sibley didn't close him down either, he was jogging back. Very poor goal to concede

2 hours ago, sage said:

The current takeover is a double edged sword for Cocu. In the long term he is more likely to be sacked but in the short term he is likely to keep his job for the Barnsley game.

Play well and win and he may just keep his job. It could be his Mark Robins moment. I doubt it but like the romance of the possibility.

This one needs screenshotting, and if we do win the Premier League under Cocu, we should all agree to pay @sage £10 each. Although, that could be an awful lot of money in 18 months time!

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Sibley didn't close him down either, he was jogging back. Very poor goal to concede

I've just watched it back again. Dickie lumbers forward without any Derby player within ten yards of him.

Decent final ball, though no pressure on him. Forsyth should be made to watch that part of the video until his eyes are raw to make him understand how to put in a good ball when you've got acres of space.

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

How angry are people going to be when Cocu is still manager tomorrow? ?

Not me. Am quite secure in the knowledge that it will be when and not if.

Though if we continue to transpose last night's performance to many more future games then it's Morris who should be worried.

20 minutes ago, chadlad said:

I thought QPR looked poo much of the game?

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The whole chain of events leading to the goal was precipitated by Jozwiak jumping up in the air looking for a foul which quite rightly wasn't given. 

Shouldn't have even got that far. 

Don’t get me wrong, I really like Jozwiak as a player but isn’t he a bit of an on the field drama queen? Twice he’s been apparently seriously injured during games but miraculously recovers to play the next week. Maybe he’s a fantastic healer but, seeing him writhing about last night when the QPR player made no contact, I have my doubts

Just now, Arsene Titman said:

Don’t get me wrong, I really like Jozwiak as a player but isn’t he a bit of an on the field drama queen? Twice he’s been apparently seriously injured during games but miraculously recovers to play the next week. Maybe he’s a fantastic healer but, seeing him writhing about last night when the QPR player made no contact, I have my doubts

It was pure simulation jumping up out of the way then feigning injury something he's probably dined out on in the Polish league and international matches. 

Needs to learn quickly that the Championship is far more robust then what he's been used to and the standard of refereeing is far more variable too.

Genuinely, I love the Cocu model in every single aspect except that he seems unable to win football matches.

No team in the division has scored less goals

No other team in the division has failed to win any of their last five games

No other team in the division has won less games

Last night was the final straw for me, I fear that it was also for people whose opinions are a lot more valued than mine

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It was pure simulation jumping up out of the way then feigning injury something he's probably dined out on in the Polish league and international matches. 

Needs to learn quickly that the Championship is far more robust then what he's been used to and the standard of refereeing is far more variable too.

Kane tried his best to rugby tackle him, but he stayed up

1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Can’t really blame blooding young talent either because they’re not playing now.

..because there was a demand to switch to a more solid "suited to The Championship" style, which meant  more experienced players and stronger communication on the pitch. Shinnie in midfield over Bird or Sibley, Waghorn, Lawrence & Holmes over Whittaker. Just another thing people actually wanted to happen and praised the idea of, but seeing that it hasn't achieved what they thought it would now choose as a reason for further criticism.

Archived