Cocu meeting the board today

Arsene Titman

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Coconut said:

..because there was a demand to switch to a more solid "suited to The Championship" style, which meant  more experienced players and stronger communication on the pitch. Shinnie in midfield over Bird or Sibley, Waghorn, Lawrence & Holmes over Whittaker. Just another thing people actually wanted to happen and praised the idea of, but seeing that it hasn't achieved what they thought it would now choose as a reason for further criticism.

And who exactly is the Derby manager?...is it the fans or the squad or is it cocu?

If he hasn't got enough faith in himself and his game plans then why should anyone else?

55 minutes ago, Ibby said:

Could be about takeover news.

With the takeover being approved the Board has a duty of care to its employees to keep them appraised of the situation. As Head of the playing side you'd expect the Board to be briefing Cocu about what's happening.

The takeover likely buys Cocu some time to turn things around. If the price has been formalized then Mel isn't going to spunk away his dosh on a multi-million pound compensation package. Also, I think Cocu is well liked at Derby and everyone obviously wants him to succeed, so the chance to give him more time while the takeover goes through will be welcomed.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

With the takeover being approved the Board has a duty of care to its employees to keep them appraised of the situation. As Head of the playing side you'd expect the Board to be briefing Cocu about what's happening.

The takeover likely buys Cocu some time to turn things around. If the price has been formalized then Mel isn't going to spunk away his dosh on a multi-million pound compensation package. Also, I think Cocu is well liked at Derby and everyone obviously wants him to succeed, so the chance to give him more time while the takeover goes through will be welcomed.

Welcomed, by whom?

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'd imagine that the cleaning lady is well liked,doesn't mean I'd have her in charge for the next match.

46 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The whole chain of events leading to the goal was precipitated by Jozwiak jumping up in the air looking for a foul which quite rightly wasn't given. 

Dickie then plodded forward without any Derby player putting any pressure on him whatsoever giving him the time to pick his pass at will. Forsyth please take note.

Shouldn't have even got that far. 

Actually it originally stemmed from Holmes trying to go round players when he had options to pass and losing the ball cheaply.

There were opportunities to clear after  but that was the first error!

14 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It was pure simulation jumping up out of the way then feigning injury something he's probably dined out on in the Polish league and international matches. 

Needs to learn quickly that the Championship is far more robust then what he's been used to and the standard of refereeing is far more variable too.

I'm fairly confident he does get caught though. I can't find the exact shot but there was an angle last night showing Dickie catching him on the following through. Not a foul by any means but it could well have hurt. He started to jump to get out of the way realising he was going to get absolutely mullered and he wasn't going to keep the ball regardless.

There are a bunch of mistakes leading up to the goal, as there so often is but honestly Davies has to take chief blame for it. Shinnie plays a hospital pass, several players are jogging back,  maybe Sibley should close down more. Although on the last point Sibley looks like he's covering the passing lane inside and not expecting their centre back to pick out that pass. Even with all that it should have been dealt with still.

Davies creates the dog leg in defence by dropping back into the area to track Bonne who is ambling into the box but then critically doesn't get tight to him. He either needs to let Bonne go and keep the high line with the rest of the defence on the edge of the area or closely track Bonne and get tight. If he does either of those, it's not a goal but he gets caught between the two and is essentially doing nothing but play Bonne onside. 

14 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

And who exactly is the Derby manager?...is it the fans or the squad or is it cocu?

If he hasn't got enough faith in himself and his game plans then why should anyone else?

From other posts, it would appear to be the squad, but that's completely irrelevant to the point about fan reaction.

Slag him off for being stubborn and believing in his own ideals too much, not being willing to adapt / Slag him off for not "not having faith" in his own system when he tries to adapt it.

Another tedious internet argument trap where where whatever answer I give is assured to be the wrong one. It's even more boring than most of our performances.

Can't really be arsed with it tbh, just sack him and get it over with - it might make this forum readable again by the new year.

8 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Actually it originally stemmed from Holmes trying to go round players when he had options to pass and losing the ball cheaply.

First error was bringing him on

4 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I'm fairly confident he does get caught though. I can't find the exact shot but there was an angle last night showing Dickie catching him on the following through. Not a foul by any means but it could well have hurt. He started to jump to get out of the way realising he was going to get absolutely mullered and he wasn't going to keep the ball regardless.

There are a bunch of mistakes leading up to the goal, as there so often is but honestly Davies has to take chief blame for it. Shinnie plays a hospital pass, several players are jogging back,  maybe Sibley should close down more. Although on the last point Sibley looks like he's covering the passing lane inside and not expecting their centre back to pick out that pass. Even with all that it should have been dealt with still.

Davies creates the dog leg in defence by dropping back into the area to track Bonne who is ambling into the box but then critically doesn't get tight to him. He either needs to let Bonne go and keep the high line with the rest of the defence on the edge of the area or closely track Bonne and get tight. If he does either of those, it's not a goal but he gets caught between the two and is essentially doing nothing but play Bonne onside. 

To add to this Davies gets done almost identically earlier in the game with Dykes' chance.

2 minutes ago, Coconut said:

From other posts, it would appear to be the squad, but that's completely irrelevant to the point about fan reaction.

Slag him off for being stubborn and believing in his own ideals too much, not being willing to adapt / Slag him off for not "not having faith" in his own system when he tries to adapt it.

Another tedious internet argument trap where where whatever answer I give is assured to be the wrong one. It's even more boring than most of our performances.

I think it's because of the endless excuses some give for our current predicament......all of the criticism of him would have gone away with good results and certainly by not languishing at the bottom of the table.

It's defending the indefensible.

As always,I admire your loyalty but it's time to take a more realistic view of our situation.

12 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Davies creates the dog leg in defence by dropping back into the area to track Bonne who is ambling into the box but then critically doesn't get tight to him. 

Left with two players behind him, wasn't helped at all by Byrne - where was he?

14 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I think it's unfair to connect Holmes to the goal not saying it wasn't an error but we'd recovered from that attack and I think had little bearing on the goal. Shinnie had won the ball back and was acres of space to do what he wanted. Shinnie giving a hospital pass is the first mistake.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Left with two players behind him, wasn't helped at all by Byrne - where was he?

Byrne doesn't take up the best position but it is in line with the rest of the defence on the edge of the box. If 

You'd have a point if Davies was caught between the two players but he wasn't, it was his man. If Byrne had tracked the other runner, they still score.

Archived