Cocu meeting the board today

Arsene Titman

43 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Cocu has tried to bring the PSV style of football to Derby. We will never be able to score enough goals on this slow style build up play. The Championship is totally different to the Dutch top division and the English Premier league. Danny Cowley on sky sports commented on the fact, we need to be quicker in the build ups in our attack. Cocu needs to change this in the next match, or we will be looking at another inept performance. We have the players to hurt most teams in the championship, but me must step up the pace in the opposition half to create more goals. I don't care if we ship in 2 or 3 goals, but score 4 or more I would be happy. Our current style will only deliver 1 goal on average in any game, it does'nt work in the toughest league in the world.

Mate, that paragraph is so correct and bang on, as I read it, I thought I’d written it. It’s top drawer. Phillip Cocu and Paul Clement - same boring “contintal” football that doesn’t translate to The Championship. Barnsley will have watched tapes of us and will be planning their aerial bombardment of our centre backs as we live and breathe. 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Meeting was concluded earlier today. He subsequently took training and will be in charge on Saturday. 

I think it's more of a stay of execution than a vote of confidence and also reported he's unlikely to make it past the international break. 

I hope the Covid isn't that bad!

20 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Mate, that paragraph is so correct and bang on, as I read it, I thought I’d written it. It’s top drawer. Phillip Cocu and Paul Clement - same boring “contintal” football that doesn’t translate to The Championship. Barnsley will have watched tapes of us and will be planning their aerial bombardment of our centre backs as we live and breathe. 

You mean our "continental, eredivisie style centre backs with no experience of EFL rough and tumble" curtis Davis and matt Clarke?

They'll never cope...what are we to do....???

16 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

You mean our "continental, eredivisie style centre backs with no experience of EFL rough and tumble" curtis Davis and matt Clarke?

They'll never cope...what are we to do....???

Glad you find it amusing. Report to my office at 17:00 on Saturday. ?

13 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Written with the same attitude as the guy in your avatar! I love it!

On 05/11/2020 at 14:48, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I bet there's a performance clause in there.....Mel rarely loses out in these situations

Eh ? He even ended up paying off Sam Rush (the bloke who paid Tom Inces mum to scout allagedly) after suspending him for shirking his fiduciary duties didn’t he? Think that counts as a loss. 

I would like to think during this meeting we raised the scenario of losing again this weekend and the inevitable repercussions of such. 
Surely we must have made it abundantly clear that 0 points from these games resulting in our club propping up the rest of the division only has one outcome. 
iCannot believe Mel or anyone else will be asking for anything less than PC offering his immediate resignation. 

Otherwise, what was the point of this meeting in the first place. The writing was on the wall and COVID-19 is just an unfortunate and I welcomed addition to this meeting. 

It will cost the club £4m to sack Cocu and the 2 Dutch coaches. Unless the new owners pay out, our only hope is that they resign. I was hoping it would work with Cocu. Yes he's delivered with bringing some of our youngsters into the 1st team. But his slow build up play is not going to work in the Championship. We have a current Scottish International goalie, 2 Polish internationals, lots of experienced Championship players in the squad and Wayne Rooney. This squad should not be struggling with all this talent. Its got to be the way we are playing, we need to change it.

7 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

We have a current Scottish International goalie, 2 Polish internationals, lots of experienced Championship players in the squad and Wayne Rooney. This squad should not be struggling with all this talent. Its got to be the way we are playing, we need to change it.

Some really exciting youngsters too. Remember them?

Archived