Abu Derby County

tinman

8 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Why so few seem to be taking up arms on this point is beyond me. Replacing permanently lost income with more borrowing is simply going to grind everything down over future periods. 

The efl/gov whoever is pushing this scheme should be called out. Turning football into Greece. 

Football should be keeping its own house in order.  At the top end it is awash with money that normal businesses could only ever dream about.  I guess the government would look on giving funds away to an extremely wealthy industry as unlikely to be a vote winner.  There should be a levy on the wealthy clubs to keep the league structure in place, oh but wait a moment, they couldn't give a poo

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Spanish said:

Football should be keeping its own house in order.  At the top end it is awash with money that normal businesses could only ever dream about.  I guess the government would look on giving funds away to an extremely wealthy industry as unlikely to be a vote winner.  There should be a levy on the wealthy clubs to keep the league structure in place, oh but wait a moment, they couldn't give a poo

I agree, but that's like saying cleaners shouldn't get a pay rise because CEOs earn too much! 

21 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Loans have to be repaid. If any business isn't making a profit then loan repayments just add to the costs.  We need grants not loans.

We need a miracle. Morris as left us in a right mess and now he as no interest in the club. 

3 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

We need a miracle. Morris as left us in a right mess and now he as no interest in the club. 

We’re in a mess but I’m not convinced it’s fair to say Mel has no interest in the club.

By the way, the “h” key on your keyboard seems to be failing.?

7 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Mel is standing between the club and administration until new owners come in, so giving his full financial support.

Yes we have to be thankful for that. Despite previous misjudgements that have resulted in the club being in a real mess, Mr Morris is still paying the bills, in the full knowledge that it's money he will never see again. 

4 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Why is thread rolling on ?????????????

I thought the Sheikh had been told to 'offski' on his camel and ride into the sunset. 

Well it WAS stagnant for 23 hours until you posted on it!

Archived