Abu Derby County

tinman

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Our football authority the EFL had/have given the Fit and Propper Test to BZI, They also gave it to BuryTowns owner Steve Dale, Macclesfield Towns owner Amar Alkadhi, Wigan Athletics owner Stanley Choi, Bolton Wanderers owner Ken Anderson.

Macclesfield and Bury are no longer League clubs, Wigan and Bolton were hit with a points deduction which meant relegation for them.

How is it that our rule makers failed in their fit and propper decisions on the above clubs and could have had profound RAMifications for us.

The argument still exists that the EFL are not a fit and proper organisation and should be put under investigation by its members. 
A massive overhaul is well overdue with this setup, they have let down the clubs, players, staff, supporters and communities of those clubs you’ve listed. 
Disgrace of an organisation.  

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

I believe that Derby will win the league one day!

We've done that mate. Only 24 clubs have and only 14 more than we have.  Up till about 15 years ago we were higher in the list. Not many of them have played in a  European cup semi final either. We're massive.

On 21/03/2021 at 00:01, Tyler Durden said:

I also believe in the Loch Ness monster and Hangar 18

On 21/03/2021 at 01:24, Ken Tram said:

I believe that Derby will win the league one day!

On 21/03/2021 at 07:16, Tamworthram said:

which league?

I don't know any more! I think that I was trying to make a joke. It will be a nice surprise if the first team wins any league again in my lifetime.

I think we still need to hear BZI's side of the story as they have been very quiet since last week and maybe are still getting the finances together to send over. Or are they considering a counter claim against Mel for breach of contract? 

Who knows? They need to come to come to the table to explain their current position. 

17 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

I think we still need to hear BZI's side of the story as they have been very quiet since last week and maybe are still getting the finances together to send over. Or are they considering a counter claim against Mel for breach of contract? 

Who knows? They need to come to come to the table to explain their current position. 

Why? How much longer should Mel give them to come up with the money? and, whilst I accept Mel has made many mistakes I can’t imagine he’d would walk away if there was any risk of breach of contract. 

Unless they miraculously come up with a wad of money, I think it would be better if we just moved on and never heard their name mentioned again.

32 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Why? How much longer should Mel give them to come up with the money? and, whilst I accept Mel has made many mistakes I can’t imagine he’d would walk away if there was any risk of breach of contract. 

Unless they miraculously come up with a wad of money, I think it would be better if we just moved on and never heard their name mentioned again.

I don’t understand why there wasn’t a deadline built in to the contract?

8 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

I don't know any more! I think that I was trying to make a joke. It will be a nice surprise if the first team wins any league again in my lifetime.

Given that I'm getting on a bit, it will be a nice surprise if the first team win any league game again in my lifetime

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Because they haven't said the deals off yet and are maybe still expecting it to happen and are cheesed off Mel has pulled the plug. 

Stephen Pearce staked his reputation on this going through and stated it was a few slight issues that needed tidying up and that it was going to go through so why hasn't it? 

17 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Because they haven't said the deals off yet and are maybe still expecting it to happen and are cheesed off Mel has pulled the plug. 

Stephen Pearce staked his reputation on this going through and stated it was a few slight issues that needed tidying up and that it was going to go through so why hasn't it? 

Perhaps like with Newcastle and Liverpool, they haven’t got the money....just a thought ?

9 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

For a very long time I was very much of the opinion “these things take a long time”, “none of us know what the hold us all about”, “give it time” etc. but now accept they look like nothing more than tyre kickers. I can’t really think of anything they could say that would give me any comfort or confidence. 

Yes, it might be interesting to know the full story but we’ll probably have to wait for the Oprah Winfrey interview before we get that

Can't see anything happening while relegation is a possibility. It would be silly to buy the club now when you could get it for less if we go down or still have it for the same price if we stay up. Can't imagine any business entity worth its salt would pay money when not knowing what league we will be in.

11 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

Can't see anything happening while relegation is a possibility. It would be silly to buy the club now when you could get it for less if we go down or still have it for the same price if we stay up. Can't imagine any business entity worth its salt would pay money when not knowing what league we will be in.

Mel Morris did!

Archived