Abu Derby County

tinman

8 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

It’s finally over 

Oh well. Never mind.

They’ve had a good laugh at our expense.

they got to know all our confidential financial information 

they got to be consulted on sacking the manager, appointing replacements, bringing in schteve, January transfers etc etc

Private equity investment into PFI infrastructure projects ( road, rail, power) currently requires 12-15% per annum return for risk. 

How would our projected return compare? 

Then is it surprising if the providers of capital thought that might not look attractive? 

Governments are looking for hundreds of £bns in infrastructure investment to get countries economies going. There is plenty of competition for investment funds. 

24 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Private equity investment into PFI infrastructure projects ( road, rail, power) currently requires 12-15% per annum return for risk. 

How would our projected return compare? 

Then is it surprising if the providers of capital thought that might not look attractive? 

Governments are looking for hundreds of £bns in infrastructure investment to get countries economies going. There is plenty of competition for investment funds. 

Absolutely. Just begs the question why they got involved in the first place. 

2 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

You get tire kickers at all levels, I think the intention was probably there but ultimately they're a few too many quid short.

I'd say no different to those who go and view a house when they know its probably out their budget but worth a look. 

People don’t do this sort of thing for the fun of it. As the UAE journalist said in Jan, seems the problem was MM was talking to BZI but they were in effect fronting for a bigger cheese who simply seems to have changed his mind.  

Got to say MM may well be furious but he must in part be furious with himself or his advisers. 

Still think we need a deal of this sort to work if we want to get out - and stay out - of the championship any time soon 

Poor old Mel.

He would make an interesting comedy character.

a bloke who strikes lucky and finds himself incredibly wealthy, but everything he touches turns to poo.

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

Poor old Mel.

He would make an interesting comedy character.

a bloke who strikes lucky and finds himself incredibly wealthy, but everything he touches turns to poo.

Not quite. I think he’s still not short of a few bob and it’s only his investment in Derby that hasn’t worked out. Let’s face it, if you don’t get into the premier league, owning a football club is always likely to be a loss making venture. I suspect, Derby County apart, he’s still a pretty astute business man and it’s not quite a riches to rags story so, not that much of a comedy character.

I can't say I am surprised about all this. I was worried from the start after previous attempts to buy clubs fell through. 

I was also very surprised that he was given the go ahead after failed attempts. Smacks of incompetence by someone.

Personally I think we may have dodged a bullet. Good riddance. 

Derby go from one mess to the next in recent years. 

One Saturday Pride Park could be sealed off because there's no planning permission for it and I think we'd all just roll eyes. 

Little things like Kieftenbeld or whatever his name is not being able to sign a contract properly is a minor around these parts. 

Netflix made documentaries on the wrong clubs. ?

11 hours ago, europia said:

Absolutely. Just begs the question why they got involved in the first place. 

Perhaps when they first got involved, they thought that they might be able to make money out of us.

Or maybe there was some nefarious agenda.

Or maybe the guy is rich but not very clever - so, in the early stages of a project, his cronies help him to pursue his wild fantasies - and then, over time, either he gets bored, or his near-and-dearest eventually explain the risks.

Our football authority the EFL had/have given the Fit and Propper Test to BZI, They also gave it to BuryTowns owner Steve Dale, Macclesfield Towns owner Amar Alkadhi, Wigan Athletics owner Stanley Choi, Bolton Wanderers owner Ken Anderson.

Macclesfield and Bury are no longer League clubs, Wigan and Bolton were hit with a points deduction which meant relegation for them.

How is it that our rule makers failed in their fit and propper decisions on the above clubs and could have had profound RAMifications for us.

26 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Our football authority the EFL had/have given the Fit and Propper Test to BZI, They also gave it to BuryTowns owner Steve Dale, Macclesfield Towns owner Amar Alkadhi, Wigan Athletics owner Stanley Choi, Bolton Wanderers owner Ken Anderson.

Macclesfield and Bury are no longer League clubs, Wigan and Bolton were hit with a points deduction which meant relegation for them.

How is it that our rule makers failed in their fit and propper decisions on the above clubs and could have had profound RAMifications for us.

Have they ever said no to anyone?