Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Mel is willing to fund us until a ‘real’ buyer comes in then he doesn’t need to rush it with this other bloke who’s already had problems with Shef Wed. 

I know his health is not great but leaving us in the hands of another chancer is not a good look. 

Glad at least these guys are out the picture at least. 

Finally we have some news.  Can't wait for the Netflix docu-series on the last year or so of this club; it'll make for riveting viewing.  So, my Toon mate has unsurprisingly said "Told you", and my Sheffield Wednesday mate has laughed saying "Don't touch Alonso with a barge pole.  He's a fraud".  

Looking forward to the next 500 pages. 

1 hour ago, Topram said:

As per @SNicholsonDT, Erik Alonso looking to buy Derby with his company No Limit Sports Ltd. Two involved there, Alonso and Tajinderpal Sumal who is the director of Kevin Pietersen's cricket academy.

Where seen this I can’t find it mate?

Frustrating as the process has been and i agree they shouldn't be anywhere near the club in the first place.

At least we've dodged them. It could have been worse of they'd have managed to take over with no money. Been another three amigos 

I find it amazing that it's possible to be involved with key decisions a football club makes, without ever having to pay pennny or assume any ownership.

I believe we were told that they had been consulted on Rooney's appointment, maybe the McClaren one too? Who knows what else?

Utterly bizarre.

Can we all have a crack? Happy to consult on Waghorn's future.

11 minutes ago, drgoodspeak said:

I find it amazing that it's possible to be involved with key decisions a football club makes, without ever having to pay pennny or assume any ownership.

I believe we were told that they had been consulted on Rooney's appointment, maybe the McClaren one too? Who knows what else?

Utterly bizarre.

Can we all have a crack? Happy to consult on Waghorn's future.

I’m sure at the time of appointment the statement said McLaren’s role would be formally ratified when the takeover happened, so I guess his future is in doubt?

I know Mel has said he will fund the club until we finds the 'right/any' buyer... but what exactly does that mean? Does it just mean wages and natural expenditure such as ground maintenance etc? Basically, if no deal deal is done what happens in the transfer window when we all pretty much agree that this squad is not good enough and needs improvement

If the potential buyers had been involved in a football club takeover in their own Country, and behaved in the atrocious way they have here, they’d be locked up ( minimum sanction) by now.

Personally I’d prefer a Peter Gadsby led consortium to buy the club, with Mel staying on as a director.

Who are the interested parties other than the Spanish lot ????

Archived