Abu Derby County

tinman

Very disappointed about this - that sheikh clearly hasn’t got a bean. The worrying thing is that the Derby County hierarchy fell for it along with that other dodgy bloke Henry Gnarlby. 
This Alonso thing seems just as bad to me. 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think everyone was terrified this would go through at the last minute. Can you imagine?! At least it’s over now. Seems to be momentum building with the other buyers, fingers crossed it can be sorted quickly.

Regardless, with FFP and off the back of Covid season with massive loss of revenue it will be another prudent summer for all non parachute funded clubs. Success will be about smart signings and our young talent stepping up to the next level.

24 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I do wonder now if whoever ends up buying us still wants Rooney in charge or will end up bringing in their own manager

They'll keep him because he's done a decent job in the circumstances. And of course, he's high profile.

One would hope Melvyn has the decency to come clean with the fans / customers now and explain what went wrong here. 

Cut the bulls*** and talk hard facts. Explain fully the perilous situatuon the football club is in and give updates on refunds,Rams packs etc.

Try and get some unity back into the club,and get us all singing off the same hymn sheet.

Over to you Melvyn .

Hello folks

I just saw the news in the Ncl Evening Chronicle.  I posted on here a while back re the fake Sheikh and his pal Midhat (not a sheikh - actually a cockney of Indian heritage.  The press kept referring to him as a sheikh though!). 

Whilst I’m not surprised about the outcome, I’ve come to post my sympathies.  Ludicrous to watch a football club and a section of its support strung along by obvious con men.  My contempt I reserve for the EFL (how did these duckers pass the ‘fit and proper persons’ test???) and the football press, for their complete lack of investigation into these people, instead continuing to print absolute nonsense about the money they have and the relationships they have with the Abu Dhabi royal family.

It’s terrible when a support is taken for a ride by chancers - aided and abetted by the media.  Personally, I think some mea culpas are owed from them - but I wouldn’t hold my breath. 

I’m glad to see you’re pulling away from the Third Division trapdoor - though of course had you went down, you’d comfortably be the biggest club in that division - you’d have a nightmare as teams like MK Dons, Scunthorpe and Sunderland try to take a scalp.

I’m back to watch the quagmire that is our takeover - as it leaves the High Court and returns to the PL.  Imagine arguing that the financial arm of the Saudi state isn’t really part of the Saudi state?  That’s what’s happening at the moment.   Modern football is crap, isn’t it?  It definitely is with Steve Bruce as manager.  You’ll be playing us next year, so you’ll get to see in person just what we’ve been grumbling about ...

PS 500 pages?  Don’t know whether to say ‘well done’ or think you’re maniacs :)

Either way, all the best for the rest of this season.  I’ve no doubt that if you’re for sale, someone genuine will come along.  Derby is a sleeping giant - get it right, and there’s no reason that the club couldn’t be sitting pretty as a PL regular pulling in big crowds. 

7 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Hello folks

I just saw the news in the Ncl Evening Chronicle.  I posted on here a while back re the fake Sheikh and his pal Midhat (not a sheikh - actually a cockney of Indian heritage.  The press kept referring to him as a sheikh though!). 

Whilst I’m not surprised about the outcome, I’ve come to post my sympathies.  Ludicrous to watch a football club and a section of its support strung along by obvious con men.  My contempt I reserve for the EFL (how did these duckers pass the ‘fit and proper persons’ test???) and the football press, for their complete lack of investigation into these people, instead continuing to print absolute nonsense about the money they have and the relationships they have with the Abu Dhabi royal family.

It’s terrible when a support is taken for a ride by chancers - aided and abetted by the media.  Personally, I think some mea culpas are owed from them - but I wouldn’t hold my breath. 

I’m glad to see you’re pulling away from the Third Division trapdoor - though of course had you went down, you’d comfortably be the biggest club in that division - you’d have a nightmare as teams like MK Dons, Scunthorpe and Sunderland try to take a scalp.

I’m back to watch the quagmire that is our takeover - as it leaves the High Court and returns to the PL.  Imagine arguing that the financial arm of the Saudi state isn’t really part of the Saudi state?  That’s what’s happening at the moment.   Modern football is crap, isn’t it?  It definitely is with Steve Bruce as manager.  You’ll be playing us next year, so you’ll get to see in person just what we’ve been grumbling about ...

PS 500 pages?  Don’t know whether to say ‘well done’ or think you’re maniacs ?

Either way, all the best for the rest of this season.  I’ve no doubt that if you’re for sale, someone genuine will come along.  Derby is a sleeping giant - get it right, and there’s no reason that the club couldn’t be sitting pretty as a PL regular pulling in big crowds. 

I trusted what you said initially. Looking forward to another visit to St James’s Park next season ?

The disconcerting thing here is how senior bods including Mel obviously got took in by these guys. The old saying seems to apply here: "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". Failed at Liverpool, failed at Newcastle, no alarm bells ringing? I am sure the reports coming out today of West Ham and Bournemouth also being subject to enquiry would have also been known by the club too. Again, no alarm bells? There are only 92 football clubs in the league, seems these guys have had at shot at buying 5% of them. Worryingly I think this tells a story of how desperate Mel is to offload to anyone despite saying he'd only sell to those with the best interests of the club in mind. That these chancers even got a pop at buying us is pretty concerning. One does wonder if another club will be gullible enough to take this consortium seriously...

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

This really has been a complete mystery. Why exactly did nothing ever come to fruition? What were they doing it for?

You get tire kickers at all levels, I think the intention was probably there but ultimately they're a few too many quid short.

I'd say no different to those who go and view a house when they know its probably out their budget but worth a look. 

Perhaps they were trying to play the long con - put us in a difficult financial position, make us reliant on incoming funds from them and try to pick us up on the cheap when our house of cards collapses.

What would have happened if MM hadn't taken out loans or dug into his pockets to pay the wages and keep us above water, if we'd have gone into administration? They'd be there looking to pounce no doubt, after all they'd already got EFL approval to take us over.

Archived