Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, one_chop said:

60 million quid seems to be floating around the banking system and nobody seems to know where it is.

hard to believe that because of a banking glitch BZG hasn't managed to get the cash here 3 banking days after it was supposed to arrive. 

Maybe they HAVE put a consortium in place and part of the money is coming from somewhere else. That might explain timing issues. But does not rule out other problems - eg has the co-investor changed its mind about the deal?

And then there's the Wigan scenario... Administrators gave exclusivity to the Spanish who 3 weeks later dropped the price by 50% after contracts had been agreed. Leaves the administrators with no other options - perhaps the Spanish will still be the buyers?    OK we're not in administration, but MM is under pressure. He has a team in the relegation zone, an oversized wages bill, the EFL on his heels, a manager who wants a contract, and a transfer window where we need to do business. If BZG wanted to play hardball, they would see a big opportunity for deal creep. Hope that's not it.

Not giving up yet tho...

19 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

hard to believe that because of a banking glitch BZG hasn't managed to get the cash here 3 banking days after it was supposed to arrive. 

Maybe they HAVE put a consortium in place and part of the money is coming from somewhere else. That might explain timing issues. But does not rule out other problems - eg has the co-investor changed its mind about the deal?

And then there's the Wigan scenario... Administrators gave exclusivity to the Spanish who 3 weeks later dropped the price by 50% after contracts had been agreed. Leaves the administrators with no other options - perhaps the Spanish will still be the buyers?    OK we're not in administration, but MM is under pressure. He has a team in the relegation zone, an oversized wages bill, the EFL on his heels, a manager who wants a contract, and a transfer window where we need to do business. If BZG wanted to play hardball, they would see a big opportunity for deal creep. Hope that's not it.

Not giving up yet tho...

Stuff them off , its taking too long .........find someone who actually CAN complete the deal. 

Breaking news:

It is emerging that the takeover consortium is made up of three major high street businesses:

Specsavers, Boots and Greggs. 

Life as a Derby fan from now on is just going to be specs, drugs and sausage rolls.

........ I'll get me coat

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I assume by 'some rumblings' you mean someone on Facebook or Twitter that has absolutely no clue either?

Can you give us some examples of comparable takeovers and the times they took start to finish?

The athletic said the other day i think Burnley was 8 months all together  i only noticed because I was trying to figure out how long ours has been ongoing for and its about 7 months as did they start talks in May? And granted we have a lot more to iron out that Burnley with the msd loan and withe stadium and training ground 

12 hours ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Let’s just wait and see shall we rather than getting into a row about it. I’m quite confident there’s an issue here that won’t see this takeover happen

Nothing to do with arguing, just wondered if you could back up your statement that 'takeovers don't take this long' with any evidence. 

I'm guessing from your response that you can't. 

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nothing to do with arguing, just wondered if you could back up your statement that 'takeovers don't take this long' with any evidence. 

I'm guessing from your response that you can't. 

They very often take this long and much more especially at the moment with the international aspect. Well they do in Cambridgeshire but appreciate from comments on here that they dont in Derby. Think issue is somehow cat was out of bag so they had to confirm really early so it seems to have gone on forever. Like when someone tells you they are pregnant early and it seems they are then gestating an elephant with every known issue there could be. Anyway not convinced it will happen at all but length of time its taking isnt necessarily a factor

8 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Angie, is that you?

First you post a photo you took when you visited the Bielik's house at Christmas. Now you're giving us another glimpse into your lifestyle.

No, that's how I am in my head. This is how I really am.

1414069322075_Image_galleryImage_Picture_Shows_Alex_Jennin.jpeg.jpg

14 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think the worse kept secret in the world of Derby County is the fact the takeover has collapsed.

I'm hoping Rooney is interviewed at some point this week, I know the club have been hit by Covid, but unless Covid has learnt to infect computers, Rooney should be able to do a Zoom call and fill us all in on how all things Derby County are. Would be good to know how his transfer plans are going and how this Covid outbreak could affect things. Hopefully there will be some sort of conference tomorrow or Friday.

Can we really expect transfers in if this has collapsed? I think we would certainly have to see outward movement first

Archived