Abu Derby County

tinman

1 hour ago, tinman said:

£80 million loan from MSD, plus the purchasers used Burnley’s own cash reserves to buy the club. 
sounds dodgy as duck to me 

As I said in an earlier post, The Glazers of Man Untd hocked United to the hilt, But money worldwide still comes in, Premier money, TV, merchandice, Europe, 70+ thousand when ground is open, What have Burnley got...Premier money, Those that have the money are at the top, Those that don't are sitting in the bottom 6/7.

Burnley buying Burnley.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

This is great. Build a wine cellar, make banana bead, have a bath, educate yourself on race...

There's some absolute corkers in here.

Ta! ?

Build a wine cellar,  tick

Bake banana bread,  tick

Educate myself on race ... finish reading this thread

Have a bath ... meh, tomorrow!

13 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

Build a wine cellar,  tick

Bake banana bread,  tick

Educate myself on race ... finish reading this thread

Have a bath ... meh, tomorrow!

All sounds a bit hoity-toity. Compare with the Four Yorkshiremen thread. Reminds me of this one, I'm sure we can all relate.

image.png.a7401ecacbbf467ce69a2e7eef0101c6.png

9 hours ago, rammieib said:

Why buy a club anyway? None of them make money and if your strategy is get to the Prem and then sell - well Jesus, you won’t be in business for long.

This is what confuses me - the only reason to buy a club is to have a toy.

My sentiments exactly.

What is the quickest way to become a millionaire?

Take a billionaire and get them to buy a football club.

2 hours ago, ck- said:

I wouldn’t be disappointed if he continued to be our owner, though I expect it would be a very different model to the one he operated in the first 3-4 years. 

I'd be happy with that. I'd rather risk a mean Mel than unknown 'hedge-funders'.

13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

What a strange week.

Did the money ever arrive? did the players get paid? has the takeover gone through? has the takeover collapsed? how are our transfer plans progressing? Where has Rooney disappeared to? Is Mel still of this world? Why the total radio silence? 

I think the club are hoping that if enough time passes with all subjects being incommunicado then fans and journalists will stop asking questions. 

Site went down. Thought it meant something important had been announced. I was wrong.

Still no news, and the only updates on here are repetitive and boring. The club won't announce anything until it's all complete or it's completely off. The speculation and/or hysteria from some fans is creating a negative spiral of rumours, not just for the takeover, but around the first team COVID situation, the rumours of players and their behaviour/mental wellbeing, the uncertainty of the January transfer window and whether we have a pot to piss in.

Just give it a rest, no need to keep banging the drum. I can't wait for us to play so we can be distracted by an actual game of football. Perhaps the young lads will get a result and make a name for themselves.

40 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

What a strange week.

Did the money ever arrive? did the players get paid? has the takeover gone through? has the takeover collapsed? how are our transfer plans progressing? Where has Rooney disappeared to? Is Mel still of this world? Why the total radio silence? 

Perhaps all PR team furloughed. Think back to those heady days of frank's unveiling video, mel on radio, etc. How things have changed!

1 minute ago, roboto said:

Site went down. Thought it meant something important had been announced. I was wrong.

Still no news, and the only updates on here are repetitive and boring. The club won't announce anything until it's all complete or it's completely off. The speculation and/or hysteria from some fans is creating a negative spiral of rumours, not just for the takeover, but around the first team COVID situation, the rumours of players and their behaviour/mental wellbeing, the uncertainty of the January transfer window and whether we have a pot to piss in.

Just give it a rest, no need to keep banging the drum. I can't wait for us to play so we can be distracted by an actual game of football. Perhaps the young lads will get a result and make a name for themselves.

Perhaps some fans are struggling themselves in lockdown and this is their outside contact so perhaps be a little more understanding to them also. You could try and start a different thread to draw people into not connected to the takeover/non takeover?

9 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Perhaps some fans are struggling themselves in lockdown and this is their outside contact so perhaps be a little more understanding to them also. You could try and start a different thread to draw people into not connected to the takeover/non takeover?

I made a thread back in October to try and get people discussing some positive stuff. An escape from negative comments and arguing amongst ourselves. I'm just bored of seeing the same posts from the same people on here. I tend to check in on the thread when I see the page count bump up, but then find I'm scrolling through the same old drivel unfortunately.

If anyone wants to check out the positive thread post I started, then give it a click below. ? 

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/35785-a-little-corner-of-positivity/

12 minutes ago, roboto said:

I made a thread back in October to try and get people discussing some positive stuff. An escape from negative comments and arguing amongst ourselves. I'm just bored of seeing the same posts from the same people on here. I tend to check in on the thread when I see the page count bump up, but then find I'm scrolling through the same old drivel unfortunately.

If anyone wants to check out the positive thread post I started, then give it a click below. ? 

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/35785-a-little-corner-of-positivity/

The club are in the bottom 3 half way through the season and are in the middle of the worse season our club have had for almost 30 years.

We have no permanent manager.

Our takeover has failed to materialise and expected completion dates missed numerous times.

Players havent been paid, for the 2nd year on the trot.

Fans not receiving refunds, or updates to those refunds.

Our chairman has distanced himself from the club and no longer communicates with the fans.

All this added to issues out of the clubs control, pandemic, not able to attend games etc, is it any wonder that some fans are negative? 

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The club are in the bottom 3 half way through the season and are in the middle of the worse season our club have had for almost 30 years.

Our takeover has failed to materialise and expected completion dates missed numerous times.

Our chairman has distanced himself from the club and no longer communicates with the fans.

All this added to issues out of the clubs control, pandemic, not able to attend games etc, is it any wonder that some fans are negative? 

No - The problem is that we know things aren't perfect at the moment, how do we know this? Because the likes of yourself come here and tell us how crap everything is, several times a day. As I alluded to in a previous post, some of you guys are quite toxic and the type that I wouldn't surround myself with if I wanted a bit of positivity.

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Ermmm... it could be worse? ?

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Yes but surely spending your life saying that your glass is always half empty isn’t that useful!

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Look on the bright side it could always be worse.  

2 hours ago, ShoreRam said:

No - The problem is that we know things aren't perfect at the moment, how do we know this? Because the likes of yourself come here and tell us how crap everything is, several times a day. As I alluded to in a previous post, some of you guys are quite toxic and the type that I wouldn't surround myself with if I wanted a bit of positivity.

Toxic? Have a day off.

What do you want, a forum where everyone has 1 view, or should I say, a view which makes your happy little self that little bit happier?

I honestly dont understand how/why people read posts on a forum and feel personally affected by them? Perhaps, contrary to your beliefs, I am so happy in life and so content, that when I visit this forum I dont feel personally affected or upset by anything I read, if I dont agree with something I will either make my point, peacefully, or move along.

But, things with Derby County are fairly poor this year and if I want to make my feelings known on a forum I will, if you dont like what you read please mute/block me, your day will be so much the better.

Or, we could just hug it out like real men ?

Archived