Abu Derby County

tinman

22 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Exactly. It's not great to have a reluctant owner and a quick sale to others seems unlikely in this climate.

So long as he continues, two possibilities:

- he swallows hard and decides he'll continue to fund the losses, aiming for the PL (putting in new equity to avoid FFP problems) or

- he cuts the wage bill and hopes we can nevertheless avoid relegation.

Are there any others?

How exactly does introducing equity funds avoid FFP?

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Exactly. It's not great to have a reluctant owner and a quick sale to others seems unlikely in this climate.

So long as he continues, two possibilities:

- he swallows hard and decides he'll continue to fund the losses, aiming for the PL (putting in new equity to avoid FFP problems) or

- he cuts the wage bill and hopes we can nevertheless avoid relegation.

Are there any others?

Pirates of the Caribbean

Abandon ship or abandon hope?

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

well I thought you avoided sanctions if losses were covered by committed equity. Perhaps that's not right?  

Teams can lose something like £13m per season, averaged out over 3 seasons (might be 4 with Covid) as long as the owners puts in £8m(?) per season. If the owner puts in less, the losses have to be lower to avoid sanctions. Without any equity introduced the max loss allowed is £5m? per season. - not looked up the actual figures so could be slightly out on the numbers.

Still think that they’re waiting for the result of the EFL appeal. 
If we do get a points deduction then we will probably be in League 1 next season. Therefore the asking price will drop. Mel will have to take it or leave it. 
Simples really. 

6 hours ago, Spanish said:

any thoughts about how we move forward if this bullet is dodged?  I am worried as to what happens if Mel is still in charge.  Don't see any coming in and think others may go.  A little improvement in the squad will see us safe anything worse and this could be horrible

A bad manager might get you relegated. A bad owner can mean the end of your club. As far as I see it, we have our best chance of still existing in 10 years time with Mel staying on a bit longer than if this clown manages to find the spare few million down the back of the sofa needed to complete this deal.

15 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Still think that they’re waiting for the result of the EFL appeal. 
If we do get a points deduction then we will probably be in League 1 next season. Therefore the asking price will drop. Mel will have to take it or leave it. 
Simples really. 

Looking at the table I thought we’d already had a points deduction the same as Sheffield Wednesday?

oh wait....