Abu Derby County

tinman

35 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

More chance of it being in either Switzerland or Gibraltar.

if that was in Gib we would all know about it!  Switzerland or Lux would be on my list.  Could just as easily be London or NY 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

No way is this takeover going to happen, some rumblings suggesting it is about to fall through.

whilst that can’t be corroborated if you view everything as a whole then it looks likely.

Fact is takeovers just don’t take this long

Been saying that force awhile and I just got laughed at , the fact is if it went through now would you be happy I wouldn't,  they seem to be struggling for funds,  would sooner we go back to mel looking to sell again now . For God's sake transfer market is under way this is ridiculous and so is mels silence , complete and utter disrespect for the fans now . 

3 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

No way is this takeover going to happen, some rumblings suggesting it is about to fall through.

whilst that can’t be corroborated if you view everything as a whole then it looks likely.

Takeovers take time cause lawyers are involved.

Its not like its a Craig David song:

Saw a club on Monday
Made a bid on Tuesday
We transferred the money on Wednesday
And on Thursday and Friday and Saturday 
We pulled out on Sunday

26 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

A bit contradictory.

"No way...."

"Can't be corroborated."

"Looks likely"

"Fact is...."

I have serious doubts but one thing is certain that is in no way is it a FACT takeovers take this long. 

4 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

The worse thing about this is we sacked cocu in accordance with the new ownership they advised they wanted maclaren and also they are having an input in the new manager. If Morris was unsure of them why the hell would he sack cocu and pay compo when the takeover wasn't finalised. Granted it was the correct decision to sack him 

Is this fact?  I took it as being nothing more than assumption on these pages?

Maybe Mel thought "Sod it.  I'm still top dog, and I want Cocu gone now"?

Maybe he already had an inkling that they were pussyfooting around, and he wasn't prepared to risk it (keeping Cocu) any longer?

Of course, I'm happy to bow to those with the facts.  ?

39 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

I didn't realise we had so many experts on mergers and acquisitions on a Derby County forum. 

34 minutes ago, Don't Panic said:

Takeovers take time cause lawyers are involved.

Its not like its a Craig David song:

Saw a club on Monday
Made a bid on Tuesday
We transferred the money on Wednesday
And on Thursday and Friday and Saturday 
We pulled out on Sunday

Haha like it.

well I guess time will tell, this isn’t right though in my eyes 

Just now, Shaftesbury st said:

Again common sense required, you can be in denial if you like but this isn’t right

I've been in denial all my life. Still doesn't mean I can't call people out who claim to have some insider knowledge or fast track into the current goings on that other mere mortals do not have access to.

1 hour ago, Shaftesbury st said:

I assume by 'some rumblings' you mean someone on Facebook or Twitter that has absolutely no clue either?

Can you give us some examples of comparable takeovers and the times they took start to finish?

Archived