Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

I think common sense is the key here

59 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I didn't realise we had so many experts on mergers and acquisitions on a Derby County forum. 

I didn't realise that we had so much common sense on the forum!

27 minutes ago, Josh said:

I also keep seeing people saying the Sheikhs investors have pulled out. It's only ever been him anyway. Pretty sure it's not a consortium or anyone else's involved. 

Rightly or wrongly, I've always been under the impression that it was a consortium? 
Many on here stating it didn't matter how wealthy he was (or wasn't) as he's not the sole money man?  

37 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I assume by 'some rumblings' you mean someone on Facebook or Twitter that has absolutely no clue either?

Can you give us some examples of comparable takeovers and the times they took start to finish?

Let’s just wait and see shall we rather than getting into a row about it. I’m quite confident there’s an issue here that won’t see this takeover happen

8 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Let’s just wait and see shall we rather than getting into a row about it. I’m quite confident there’s an issue here that won’t see this takeover happen

I think the worse kept secret in the world of Derby County is the fact the takeover has collapsed.

I'm hoping Rooney is interviewed at some point this week, I know the club have been hit by Covid, but unless Covid has learnt to infect computers, Rooney should be able to do a Zoom call and fill us all in on how all things Derby County are. Would be good to know how his transfer plans are going and how this Covid outbreak could affect things. Hopefully there will be some sort of conference tomorrow or Friday.

16 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Rightly or wrongly, I've always been under the impression that it was a consortium? 
Many on here stating it didn't matter how wealthy he was (or wasn't) as he's not the sole money man?  

I don't think we know? 

I thought that we know he manages one of the Sovereign Wealth funds in the UAE but that he's also personally wealthy to a similar level as Mel. 

But I don't think we know what the source of funds for this deal are. 

6 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

So having Googled it if sent from dubai to here it can take 2 to 4 working days. Friday was a bank holiday so the fourth working day us today. Add on checks from lawyers etc there would be no excuse as of Friday if its not done. 

Screenshot_20210106-130850_Samsung Internet.jpg

Make of this what you will.

Screenshot_20210105-183556_Samsung Internet.jpg

I was doing a quick recap of news about this last night, and one article mentioned that several Derby County board members stepped down in preparation for the takeover by Derventio, or whatever they're called.

I didn't think much about it at the time, but with the remitted funds disappearing into the ether, I do wonder if there is any significance in the board members having left, without the sale actually having happened.

(I'm stirring a bit! Because I haven't got a clue! But it seems a bit odd.)

60 million quid seems to be floating around the banking system and nobody seems to know where it is. This attempted takeover has been a farce since the beginning, along the way the reputation of local journalists has been trashed after being fed bull excrement. 

The Derby way ?

26 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

I was doing a quick recap of news about this last night, and one article mentioned that several Derby County board members stepped down in preparation for the takeover by Derventio, or whatever they're called.

I didn't think much about it at the time, but with the remitted funds disappearing into the ether, I do wonder if there is any significance in the board members having left, without the sale actually having happened.

Presumably they stepped down in good faith, expecting the roles to be filled in good time. If it falls through, presumably they'd either be invited back or the role filled by someone Mel chooses.

The only thing I think it implies is the Mel side were convinced it was going to happen. I don't see why the BZG side would try to do that maliciously, but at the time, obviously wouldn't say anything to stop that because that would give away their uncertainty.

34 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

I think you're 12 months out there. The Board members stepped down in preparation for the Gabay takeover/investment, leaving only Mel, Pearce and Roy Mac.

32 minutes ago, one_chop said:

60 million quid seems to be floating around the banking system and nobody seems to know where it is. This attempted takeover has been a farce since the beginning, along the way the reputation of local journalists has been trashed after being fed bull excrement. 

The Derby way ?

The Derby County fan way - to keep banging on about it.

The word excrement always takes me back to 1983 and the following scenario.....

As a young and naive 11 year old in my first year at Granville Secondary School (eminent preferable to either Pingle or William Allitt in Swadlincote) it seemed rather exotic to be called into a 'boys only,' assembly one afternoon.

It was hosted by the then Deputy Head, Mr Hood. I'd not come across him much before but he left an impression that day. 

Six foot three and proper old school, the only classes he taught (in mind at least) were the troublesome ones. I was never taught by him but I was quite sure he ruled through fear.

On that day, he strode on to the stage in front of 300 odd boys, his face already a bizarre shade of puce.  He started his ten minute monologue about the ethos of the school.

Intrigued, I had no idea where he was going.

He then told us he was watching us and the first person to laugh would be his prime suspect.

He then talked about respect for the school and in particular the cleaning staff.

More confused than intrigued, I had no idea where he was going. No idea whatsoever.

Then he positively roared something along the lines of...

'One of you has excreted on the floor of the boy's toilets.,'

I'll be honest. I had no idea what excreted meant. There must have been more than me though. Absolutely apoplectic by now he clarified his statement...

'To be absolutely clear, one of you has sh#t on the floor of the toilets and I'll not rest until I've expelled the low life responsible.'

Not sure if he ever achieved that target but I never ever needed to have the meaning of excreted explained to me ever again ?

18 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I think you're 12 months out there. The Board members stepped down in preparation for the Gabay takeover/investment, leaving only Mel, Pearce and Roy Mac.

You're correct!

This DET article said that it was members of the Derventio Board that stepped down upon the announcement of the bid!

Now ... upon reflection ... that does begin to look a little strange! ...

Maybe they didn't have confidence in their organisation!

Just now, Ken Tram said:

You're correct!

This DET article said that it was members of the Derventio Board that stepped down upon the announcement of the bid!

Now ... upon reflection ... that does begin to look a little strange! ...

Maybe they didn't have confidence in their organisation!

The two in question set up the 'project' and ltd company for the 'bidders'.

7 hours ago, BondJovi said:

I think Covid has made this desperate. And I fear we will be losers for this. Who really wants a football club in the current climate?

It's a fair question. Who want to buy a football club at this time, particularly one with a poor squad, currently heading for L1 ??

11 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

The word excrement always takes me back to 1983 and the following scenario.....

As a young and naive 11 year old in my first year at Granville Secondary School (eminent preferable to either Pingle or William Allitt in Swadlincote) it seemed rather exotic to be called into a 'boys only,' assembly one afternoon.

It was hosted by the then Deputy Head, Mr Hood. I'd not come across him much before but he left an impression that day. 

Six foot three and proper old school, the only classes he taught (in mind at least) were the troublesome ones. I was never taught by him but I was quite sure he ruled through fear.

On that day, he strode on to the stage in front of 300 odd boys, his face already a bizarre shade of puce.  He started his ten minute monologue about the ethos of the school.

He then told us he was watching us and the first person to laugh would be his prime suspect.

He then talked about respect for the school and in particular the cleaning staff.

More confused than intrigued, I had no idea where he was going. No idea whatsoever.

Then he positively roared something along the lines of...

'One of you has excreted on the floor of the boy's toilets.,'

I'll be honest. I had no idea what excreted meant. There must have been more than me though. Absolutely apoplectic by now he clarified his statement...

'To be absolutely clear, one of you has sh#t on the floor of the toilets and I'll not rest until I've expelled the low life responsible.'

Not sure if he ever achieved that target but I never ever needed to have the meaning of excreted explained to me ever again ?

Mr Hood (Desperate Dan) was certainly an imposing figure. Between him and dodging Mr Kirby’s board rubbers you certainly ran the gauntlet at that place! 

‘This is a Derby County Forum - not your ‘good old days’ chitter chatter!’ (ducking head to negotiate potential life-changing chalkboard erasing tool).

Archived