Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Have we actually reached the tipping point where those insisting it will still happen look more deluded than those claiming its not happening close the thread? 

As we dont know anything despite lots of posters alluding to stuff not in public domain so noone on either side looks deluded - just loving their club, worried about its future and bored in lockdown. If collapsed they just need to say so

8 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Can we really expect transfers in if this has collapsed? I think we would certainly have to see outward movement first

This is why I would like more clarity. I’m a bit so what if the takeover doesn’t happen but I am concerned this will completely derail how this transfer window goes. If we need to sell, the less time we give ourselves to get players in from those funds could possibly lead to a catastrophic window similar to the Rasiak one. It’s essential we get another striker as a bare minimum and the longer this drags on in either scenario of being taken over or not, the less time to get deals over the line. 

24 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Have we actually reached the tipping point where those insisting it will still happen look more deluded than those claiming its not happening close the thread? 

Well that's the point isn't it, I don't think anyone has insisted it's happening, rather they have been ridiculing some of the ill informed bed wetting comments that have proliferated for several weeks.

32 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

If this is a vanity investment could delay be something as silly as wanting to have the big video/photo opp at Pride Park but need to quarantine after arrival first? Just thought we havent discussed quarantine rules as yet

No need to quarantine from the UAE. 

29 minutes ago, Topram said:

Was hoping Rooney could of provided  an update in his presser today but I’m guessing he won’t be doing it now

This is the strange thing for me...why isnt he?

I could be completely wrong, but the club seem to have gone radio silent, no players on Twitter, nothing from Wayne Rooney to say how disappointed he is that Covid has massively shafted his plans. I was going to say nothing from Mel Morris either, but I cant remember the last time he personally communicated with the fans anyway.

Maybe other clubs hit with Covid do the same and it's a way of keeping things in house? I dont know.

22 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

So having Googled it if sent from dubai to here it can take 2 to 4 working days. Friday was a bank holiday so the fourth working day us today. Add on checks from lawyers etc there would be no excuse as of Friday if its not done. 

Screenshot_20210106-130850_Samsung Internet.jpg

That's quite possibly the laziest piece of research I've ever seen, I mean, you couldn't even be bothered to click on the link. Kudos.

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

This is the strange thing for me...why isnt he?

I could be completely wrong, but the club seem to have gone radio silent, no players on Twitter, nothing from Wayne Rooney to say how disappointed he is that Covid has massively shafted his plans. I was going to say nothing from Mel Morris either, but I cant remember the last time he personally communicated with the fans anyway.

Maybe other clubs hit with Covid do the same and it's a way of keeping things in house? I dont know.

Guessing it’s because he’s not managing this game presser will probably be done by Wassell 

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Are there any/many actually insisting it will happen? Most of us, I believe, have an open mind and whilst it's looking less likely each day, we're clinging to some hope.

It's seems odd to me that the most vocal on this thread are those that are adamant it isn't happening. If they're really convinced of that then why keep posting? Just accept that there are some sad folk (me included) that are likely to be disappointed very soon.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

.....If they're really convinced of that then why keep posting?.....

Because they're a bunch of attenion-seeking bed-wetters that get off on people responding to their sad litttle posts? Or at least it's hard to think of any other reason....

27 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I'm just hanging on the for the announcement that the deal is off so we can rejoice about dodging this particular bullet.

any thoughts about how we move forward if this bullet is dodged?  I am worried as to what happens if Mel is still in charge.  Don't see any coming in and think others may go.  A little improvement in the squad will see us safe anything worse and this could be horrible

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Apologies if I missed anything, but did the club pay everyone yet?

Not been confirmed they have been paid. Think they said the money from the takeover should go in and the takeover closed and then they would be paid 

30 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I am worried as to what happens if Mel is still in charge.

Exactly. It's not great to have a reluctant owner and a quick sale to others seems unlikely in this climate.

So long as he continues, two possibilities:

- he swallows hard and decides he'll continue to fund the losses, aiming for the PL (putting in new equity to avoid FFP problems) or

- he cuts the wage bill and hopes we can nevertheless avoid relegation.

Are there any others?

Archived