Bournemouth v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I think the point is that if we continue to play in this way, it’s only a matter of time before our luck runs out.

Draws will turn into defeats. Look at Cardiff midweek hitting the woodwork twice and today with Bournemouth being denied by some Marshall heroics. Norwich was similar in that respect.

I think we have to be braver. Playing this way will only hinder us in the long run.

What about our chances?

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From listening today I thought it seemed a good draw, but I get that it’s not the same as watching it.

Thought Ed Dawes actually made a good point towards the end of the game today that we’ve come across the relegated sides now and Reading. In the context of how the season has been so far, after a draw you can’t really take that much from today, but the next two become vital.

We are playing well without a killer instinct through a tough run of games, but let’s see how we look in a weeks time.

1 minute ago, sage said:

Or them clearing one off the line, maybe. 

Don’t get me wrong - we win that game and Cocu gets hailed. 100%. When it works, it’s so satisfying. I used to love it under King Billy. The difference is back then we could defend and could ride the pressure better.

At the moment, it becomes a case of when not if the opposition score and if we continue in that vein, it won’t end well.

7 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

From listening today I thought it seemed a good draw, but I get that it’s not the same as watching it.

Thought Ed Dawes actually made a good point towards the end of the game today that we’ve come across the relegated sides now and Reading. In the context of how the season has been so far, after a draw you can’t really take that much from today, but the next two become vital.

We are playing well without a killer instinct through a tough run of games, but let’s see how we look in a weeks time.

You should watch it we are not playing well, not awful just not good enough.  You can’t defend a goal lead link we did and expect to win.

3 minutes ago, jcidaho said:

I want a manager screaming at the players to push up, grab the ball, dictate play, take ownership. We seem so meek in the second half. Body language, players being quiet... So frustrating.

FTFY

Well that was a good point which I didn’t think we were going to get before the game.

However, Phil has once again failed to convince me he has the skills to turn us into a winning team.

I’m not calling for his head now but time must be running out ?

2 minutes ago, Justa said:

Well that was a good point which I didn’t think we were going to get before the game.

However, Phil has once again failed to convince me he has the skills to turn us into a winning team.

I’m not calling for his head now but time must be running out ?

We’ve got 6 or 7 games now where we are playing more “winnable” teams in theory. We have had one or two hands tied behind our backs at time with injuries so far, and we’ve also played Reading, Watford, Norwich, Bournemouth, Cardiff etc which are all teams you expect to be top 6 there or there abouts. 

So, you’re right, but this is where we will find out what’s what. 

12 minutes ago, jcidaho said:

You want a manager screaming at the players to push up, grab the ball, dictate play, take ownership. We seem so meek in the second half. Body language, players being quiet... So frustrating.

No, you do. I certainly don't.

54 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Possibly, but we’ll have to see what happens in that regard. Two wins before the break would be a way to justify keeping his job to any prospective new owners.

If we come out of those two with 0, 1 or 2 points then we might not need the new owner to do the sacking.

No point in Mel sacking  Cocu on his own. If the club is sold, Mel as a potential consultant would then be asked his opinion on the manager. Nobody knows what is best to do, least if all me.

10 minutes ago, Srg said:

We’ve got 6 or 7 games now where we are playing more “winnable” teams in theory. We have had one or two hands tied behind our backs at time with injuries so far, and we’ve also played Reading, Watford, Norwich, Bournemouth, Cardiff etc which are all teams you expect to be top 6 there or there abouts. 

So, you’re right, but this is where we will find out what’s what. 

The etc including Blackburn, Luton, and Huddersfield. 

Personally I don't expect Reading to be up there in 10 games time either.

23 minutes ago, Srg said:

So disappointed Rooney waltzed back into the team despite not having a single good game since around February... then to take that free kick off Waghorn too?!

unimpressed the office GIF

There are so many things wrong with these decisions.  Can't be doing squad morale any good and it's winding supporters up.  Rooney may lack the self awareness and humility to see this. Our worst fears about his transfer are being realised.

Archived