Sack cocu

dantheram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was firmly in the Cocu in camp for a long time. I now know the error of my ways. He should have gone a few games back. I fear it is now almost too late. 

I like the guy and really really wish it had worked out. On paper it seemed like a great appointment, it just hasn't worked out for all the reasons poster's have already mentioned. 

It's time to move onto the next chapter. 

2 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Been a long time since I felt this wretched about Derby - probably 12.5 years in fact. 

Two things need to happen early next week;

1.  We've reached the time - I would thank Phil for his efforts & his dignity in the face of ridiculous circumstances throughout his tenure but we need a managerial change & we need it now. The team is pitifully short of confidence & direction and judging by the team selections & total lack of attacking edge, Cocu's mind is now totally scrambled. There's no point dragging this out any longer - to do so would be cruel for all parties.
  2. Tear up Rooney's contract & release him with immediate effect. His total lack of effort and commitment has polluted this team & club since we returned in June. I am sick of his automatic selection, negligible work rate, his consistent poor delivery, his casual nature, his lack of on field leadership and most of all, sick of the media circus that surrounds him. The one good thing from this collapse is that he is implicated in it & therefore rendered totally unsuitable to be the fresh face to turn it around.

Just as well we have the international break now. There's a lot to sort in the next few days.

That’s probably one of the best posts I’ve read in ages.

Phil - Genuinely can’t recall a manager having such a bad run of luck in my time watching. He has held his dignity well. Yes his tactics might not suit and before people say you make your own luck, he jumped in late, had bad preparation last season, he’s had the car crash episode, followed by a car crash start to this season, not helped by all the injuries. But he’s got to go, as you say the players confidence can’t be there, we’re creating nothing.

Rooney - can’t blame Mel trying, he bought revenue and a buzz last year. Mel got lucky with Frank doing the same without playing, so he rolled the dice again and thought this brings wider interest, gate receipts, media and t.v money; he didn’t know Covid was around the corner. That said Rooney has unbalanced us. For me we looked to have far more energy and spark when he had to miss a fortnight. He can’t play up front and we are carrying him. People called Huddlestone ponderous, Rooney take aside his free kicks, has shown precious little extra to Tom.

So I’d say the other thing is recruitment. No more prima donnas. Why when it was looking obvious Martin could well leave, we didn’t go all out for a centre forward beats me. If Dursen was our choice, he should have been priority, not leaving it to chance or last week negotiating. The rest of the team are nothing without that vital cog up front to me. That we’ve ended up with a nice bloke in CKM that can’t play 90 minutes is amateur; for all this summers decent recruitment many lauded, including myself, it’s all being undone being so toothless up front. 

Real sad for Phil, smashing bloke, touch cards dealt all the way through, let’s move on and please get someone that knows this teams best form of defence is to be on the front foot, as we can’t keep clean sheets however we tinker. Time to move on, long way to go yet, just need to get someone that gets us going.

41 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

That’s probably one of the best posts I’ve read in ages.

Phil - Genuinely can’t recall a manager having such a bad run of luck in my time watching. He has held his dignity well. Yes his tactics might not suit and before people say you make your own luck, he jumped in late, had bad preparation last season, he’s had the car crash episode, followed by a car crash start to this season, not helped by all the injuries. But he’s got to go, as you say the players confidence can’t be there, we’re creating nothing.

Rooney - can’t blame Mel trying, he bought revenue and a buzz last year. Mel got lucky with Frank doing the same without playing, so he rolled the dice again and thought this brings wider interest, gate receipts, media and t.v money; he didn’t know Covid was around the corner. That said Rooney has unbalanced us. For me we looked to have far more energy and spark when he had to miss a fortnight. He can’t play up front and we are carrying him. People called Huddlestone ponderous, Rooney take aside his free kicks, has shown precious little extra to Tom.

So I’d say the other thing is recruitment. No more prima donnas. Why when it was looking obvious Martin could well leave, we didn’t go all out for a centre forward beats me. If Dursen was our choice, he should have been priority, not leaving it to chance or last week negotiating. The rest of the team are nothing without that vital cog up front to me. That we’ve ended up with a nice bloke in CKM that can’t play 90 minutes is amateur; for all this summers decent recruitment many lauded, including myself, it’s all being undone being so toothless up front. 

Real sad for Phil, smashing bloke, touch cards dealt all the way through, let’s move on and please get someone that knows this teams best form of defence is to be on the front foot, as we can’t keep clean sheets however we tinker. Time to move on, long way to go yet, just need to get someone that gets us going.

Thank you, a quality post also ?

Like yourself I'm really saddened its not worked out for Cocu. I had hoped he would imprint a distinctly Dutch technical & tactical identity on the club & everything I saw January to March seemed to back that up (with results to match). Guess its the hope that hurts the most.

Fair point about the CF search & I now wonder if we should have pushed the boat out financially. That said, having recruited Kazim, Ive been surprised at his lack of game time. Cocu's style needs a focal point and the brief glimpses Ive seen make me believe CKR could improve this team....of course the Rooney dilemma has probably been a factor also.

You're also correct insofar as theres a long way to go this season & with that in mind, hope we go for a long term option who values possession football, rather than a salvage merchant, a big name or flavour of the month.

COYR

Archived