Sack cocu

dantheram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been a long time since I felt this wretched about Derby - probably 12.5 years in fact. 

Two things need to happen early next week;

1.  We've reached the time - I would thank Phil for his efforts & his dignity in the face of ridiculous circumstances throughout his tenure but we need a managerial change & we need it now. The team is pitifully short of confidence & direction and judging by the team selections & total lack of attacking edge, Cocu's mind is now totally scrambled. There's no point dragging this out any longer - to do so would be cruel for all parties.
  2. Tear up Rooney's contract & release him with immediate effect. His total lack of effort and commitment has polluted this team & club since we returned in June. I am sick of his automatic selection, negligible work rate, his consistent poor delivery, his casual nature, his lack of on field leadership and most of all, sick of the media circus that surrounds him. The one good thing from this collapse is that he is implicated in it & therefore rendered totally unsuitable to be the fresh face to turn it around.

Just as well we have the international break now. There's a lot to sort in the next few days.

7 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

The players should also know that they are letting everyone down too!

Can’t change all the players tho and something clearly needs to change. So I don’t see any other option than to sack Cocu. Hopefully get in a manager who plays attractive, enjoyable football. I would go all out for Eddie Howe 

Just now, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Seriously, if we had fans in the ground showing the same dissatisfaction at the end of the last couple of home games as they have on here I think he'd already be gone.

Given how poisonous the atmosphere has been at times in the past decade, and that none of that was as inept as we are now....

Just put this out there because people have been spouting for months whats a great and honourable man Cocu is with the interests of our club totally at heart - Mr Nice guy etc etc

if he was honourable and cared about this club the way many say he does then he will walk away without a pay off now. That would be the honourable thing to really do and would command the upmost respect from everyone.

We all know its not going to happen but it is not unprecedented for that to happen in Football and if we pay him off he essentially **** us even more as a club.

I would guess he doesn't particularly need the money either!

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

He will go, for sure. 

Question now is whether it will be tonight, tomorrow, or post-takeover announcement...

Post takeover, I'm sure - I'm gutted it hasn't worked out but this set of players is a top half at least group, he's had long enough to mould a team and it's going in the wrong direction. Sad, but time to call it.

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

He will go, for sure. 

Question now is whether it will be tonight, tomorrow, or post-takeover announcement...

my guess would be post takeover the new owners have probably got a new manager lined up. Maybe Cocu is already on gardening leave who knows he's not going to turn this round anyway so it just a matter of the announcement. I'm seeing Eddie Howe mentioned but our problems are such that for me it will have to be somebody like Allardyce or we will go down  

It's gutting but he has to go I think. The style he is attempting to impose just doesn't work here and he's unwilling to change. So he's painted himself into a corner.

The problems run a lot deeper than the manager though, for me.

I keep seeing people say how good our squad is but I'm not buying it. Would any of our forwards or defenders really get into a top 6 championship side? I doubt it. Lawrence gets rave reviews on here but has absolutely no end product at all. He's a forward who has barely any goals or assists. "He's put a real shift in tonight". He should, because if he doesn't he contributes nothing at all.

Waghorn is CF for a mid-table side at best. No football brain, needs 10 chances to score 1 goal, terrible at one-on-ones.

Rooney is one giant, fat PR excercise, typical of Mel Morris's tenure here. A waste of space in every sense.

Defence is equally suspect. Wisdom who will go down as little more than a standard unremarkable Championship defender (and I'm still not sure if he's a RB or a CB), Clarke is OK but not even our own, Davies has had it, Forsyth is and largely always has been crap. The only decent one is Byrne.

We have nothing in the centre of the park, as Holmes is L1 quality (sorry, but he is) and all the rest are either defensive minded or academy products who are yet to gain consistency.

Off the field the Morris era has undone everything that GSE achieved. Bafflingly a lot of our fanbase still sees nothing to be alarmed about in the fact that we are having to take out loans all over the place, carrying out questionable and creative financial practices to avoid FFP penalties and have spent all the money to the point that our new striker that we so desperately needed is Colin Kazim Bloody Richards, who last had a decent season about a decade ago.

We spent the cash on absurd signings (Shackell for £4m on a 3 year deal, £4.5m for Butterfield, £6m for Johnson, £1.5m for Blackman) all justified with the same poo mantra of "It's worth it if it gets us up!"

This club is a mess from top to bottom, with the pleasant exception of the Academy, and it needs sorting out. When I think about how good the future seemed in the 2013/14 season it makes me furious.

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

He will go, for sure. 

Give me daz waz in a heartbeat 

and when people start bitching that he sounds and bit cocky, a bit bulshy and a little up himself 

It’s probably Cos he ain’t that bad and knows a tv ing or two about football .... hope those That hounded him last time realise theres a lot ducking worse out there .. one of which we’ve been stuck with 

4 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

It's gutting but he has to go I think. The style he is attempting to impose just doesn't work here and he's unwilling to change. So he's painted himself into a corner.

I'd be pushed to describe what his style actually is

To be fair to Cocu, everything has  gone against him, but accepting that we need a change it can not happen until after the takeover. If you were buying a company, would you expect the current owner to employ a new CEO days before you took over; now that would be daft.

14 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Been a long time since I felt this wretched about Derby - probably 12.5 years in fact. 

Two things need to happen early next week;

1.  We've reached the time - I would thank Phil for his efforts & his dignity in the face of ridiculous circumstances throughout his tenure but we need a managerial change & we need it now. The team is pitifully short of confidence & direction and judging by the team selections & total lack of attacking edge, Cocu's mind is now totally scrambled. There's no point dragging this out any longer - to do so would be cruel for all parties.
  2. Tear up Rooney's contract & release him with immediate effect. His total lack of effort and commitment has polluted this team & club since we returned in June. I am sick of his automatic selection, negligible work rate, his consistent poor delivery, his casual nature, his lack of on field leadership and most of all, sick of the media circus that surrounds him. The one good thing from this collapse is that he is implicated in it & therefore rendered totally unsuitable to be the fresh face to turn it around.

Just as well we have the international break now. There's a lot to sort in the next few days.

Have we got the money to pay him off?

20 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Seriously, if we had fans in the ground showing the same dissatisfaction at the end of the last couple of home games as they have on here I think he'd already be gone.

Conversely though the fans being in the stadium can genuinely give the players a lift when things fall flat on the pitch, but without them the players just fall deeper into rotten routines and nothing will get them out of it.

Anyway, whatever.

Under (vitually) no circumstance can you be the manager of Derby County, be bottom of the Championship after 11/12 games and keep your job.

It simply isn't possible, and nor should it be.

8 minutes ago, bcnram said:

To be fair to Cocu, everything has  gone against him, but accepting that we need a change it can not happen until after the takeover. If you were buying a company, would you expect the current owner to employ a new CEO days before you took over; now that would be daft.

Better off with no manager at all. Couldn’t do any worse

Archived