Sack cocu

dantheram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, hughesy 1984 said:

Can’t change all the players tho and something clearly needs to change. So I don’t see any other option than to sack Cocu. Hopefully get in a manager who plays attractive, enjoyable football. I would go all out for Eddie Howe 

Yes the quickest and easiest way to change the path we are on at the moment is a managerial change!

Howe wouldn’t be on my shortlist to be fair

I'm sick to death of hearing how Cocu is such a "nice guy" -- because THAT is his biggest problem. Even superstar prima donnas need a kick up the a*** now and again -- never mind the p***-taking dross the Rams have assembled as a team. Can you imagine Jurgen Klopp taking any nonsense? Was Alex Ferguson an amiable chappie? Brian Clough may not have kicked a boot into the face of one of his star players, but his razor tongue would have hurt them even more. Let's forget about having a 'nice guy' in charge -- and get an ogre in! 

1 minute ago, HungForALamb said:

I'm sick to death of hearing how Cocu is such a "nice guy" -- because THAT is his biggest problem. Even superstar prima donnas need a kick up the a*** now and again -- never mind the p***-taking dross the Rams have assembled as a team. Can you imagine Jurgen Klopp taking any nonsense? Was Alex Ferguson an amiable chappie? Brian Clough may not have kicked a boot into the face of one of his star players, but his razor tongue would have hurt them even more. Let's forget about having a 'nice guy' in charge -- and get an ogre in! 

No. But he did punch Keane in the face.

I started this topic months ago and got ridiculed for saying PSV fans wanted Cocu gone YES he won the title but his football is absolute rubbish and boring .

Will finish the topic with all those pundits who laughed at me saying he's got lots Dutch friends and  Cocu won 2 Dutch titles the last laughs on me pancakes !!!

I've been firmly in the "in" camp since people started calling for his head. He's had the worst luck of any manager in any football club. You couldn't make up some of the things he's had to go through. A Hollywood script writer would be laughed out of the producer's office with this series of events. I'm not going to list them all because we all know them. They've been discussed so many times already.

Today for me wasn't the game he had to win to keep his job. If one game is enough to keep someone in a job then winning five or six games in a season at the right time should see you through. Even before the game this wasn't the one that would keep him in the job for me. The decision should have already been made. Either he was staying or this was his swan song. And I would have kept him.

I am now convinced that he has to go. That wasn't a performance that says "sack me if you dare". That was a whimper in the dark. There were some good moments. We passed the ball around nicely at times. But we were just so toothless. Leon Spinks had more teeth than our attack. He strikes me as the perfect gentleman. His footballing philosophy is for me exactly what the beautiful game is all about. But it's not working. And I now believe it never will in the Championship. He's arrived here too early. He could do wonders with a Prem side. Unfortunately we're not one and never will be playing his football. He's got genuine excuses, but they shouldn't unfortunately keep him in this job.

1 hour ago, ShoreRam said:

Post takeover, I'm sure - I'm gutted it hasn't worked out but this set of players is a top half at least group, he's had long enough to mould a team and it's going in the wrong direction. Sad, but time to call it.

Just don't get this top half team bit. I've thought this team is bang average at best, forwards are terrible. Bogle had his critics, but I think he'll play for England one day, and we then gave him away. Some of the other kids look ok, but playing in this team aint going to help them. Cook for me for manager at this particular time, not the 'nice' man Cocu is. . . . . .  we don't need nice at the mo

33 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

I started this topic months ago and got ridiculed for saying PSV fans wanted Cocu gone YES he won the title but his football is absolute rubbish and boring .

Will finish the topic with all those pundits who laughed at me saying he's got lots Dutch friends and  Cocu won 2 Dutch titles the last laughs on me pancakes !!!

nobody likes a smartarse

36 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Classy... 

37 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Defensive football is fine if the results prove it to be worthwhile.

PSV under Cocu were defensive but got the results they wanted, making Cocu successful. However, we aren't getting the results we need despite some (occasional) good football.

1 hour ago, KBB said:

Kept away from the forums, however I have to beak my silence by saying I'm firmly in the cocu out camp now.

Welcome to the dark side 

it’s way more fun lol

ok that’s a lie ... no one wants this situation .. yet another potential manager change but we can’t keep flogging what is a total dead horse 

Archived