Sack cocu

dantheram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know people will laugh at me, please do.

But what these players need right now is Neil Warnock, I know he is an absolute **** ***, but I'd love him to walk into that dressing room, knock Rooney out and scream bloody murder at every single under achieving pratt in that dressing room.

And the Sheikh should make the players sleep in the same barn as his camels everytime they perform like that again.

I've watched the games and I feel these players are unfit. I would love to know what they do in training. Possibly a lot more ball work. They are panting after about 55 minutes  don't see them going for 90 apart fro..Jason Knight as he's just a machine. Just an observation j have noticed 

Just now, Rolleston said:

Why did we not ring the alarm bells as soon as Liam Rosenior was appointed, clearly Mel thought that he had made a poor decision, but couldn't sack another manager so soon into a crazy four year contract.

Wasn't he appointed about two weeks after Cocu arrived? I know Mel has a trigger happy reputation but seems a tad extreme

13 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I've watched the games and I feel these players are unfit. I would love to know what they do in training. Possibly a lot more ball work. They are panting after about 55 minutes  don't see them going for 90 apart fro..Jason Knight as he's just a machine. Just an observation j have noticed 

I've felt the same for a while. Things seem to have improved since Shinnie officially joined the crew, but pre-season is massive. Woth the short pre-season, I got the impression we didn't take it seriously enough.

It's going to be a long, tough season ?

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I've felt the same for a while. Things seem to have improved since Shinnee officially joined the crew, but pre-season is massive. Woth the short pre-season, I got the impression we didn't take it seriously enough.

It's going to be a long, tough season ?

I don't think we have been a fit side for seasons.

10 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

But what these players need right now is Neil Warnock, I know he is an absolute **** ***, but I'd love him to walk into that dressing room, knock Rooney out and scream bloody murder at every single under achieving pratt in that dressing room.

And the Sheikh should make the players sleep in the same barn as his camels everytime they perform like that again.

We tried that with Pearson. The players won.

We need someone to organize the players, not shout and scream at them. They just need drilling in how to play in the formation that the manager decides is the way he wants to play. Make players responsible for the decisions that they make, take responsibility, don't just kick the ball and hope that there's someone to get on the end of it.

1 minute ago, Rolleston said:

We need someone to organize the players, not shout and scream at them. They just need drilling in how to play in the formation that the manager decides is the way he wants to play. Make players responsible for the decisions that they make, take responsibility, don't just kick the ball and hope that there's someone to get on the end of it.

We need someone who understands scoring goals is the key to winning football matches 

22 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

All you need to do is convince him to leave playoff challenging Boro to come to bottom of the table Derby. Giving him the opportunity to not have to live in Boro anymore might be enough though ?

8 minutes ago, Rolleston said:

I'm not sure when Liam Rosenior was appointed, but don't you think it was a strange decision to appoint someone to help understand the English Championship?

Mel found Cocu using google, so I don't think we can be surprised at any decision, but I do like Rosenior. Think he speaks well and it would be interesting to see what style his team would play like without Cocu's influence.

I am very surprised that we haven't had a club statement yet.  You would have thought this would have formed part of the meeting a few days ago and it doesn't seem right to let this carry on any longer.

I wanted Cocu to succeed, perhaps more than any manager I can remember.  He is clearly an upstanding individual and I wish him the best, but we have definitely reached the end of the road here.

Don’t agree with those who have been calling for his head for weeks. And those who call him Cocu the Clown hang your heads. Anyone claiming victory because Cocu will now likely be sacked, you probably call for every managers head the minute it gets bad, and call for a managers head enough times you’re likely to eventually predict right. Let’s face it this is the championship where the average lifespan of a manager is about 12 months.

Firstly, why have we stuck with Cocu. Second half of last season we had top 6 form, he brought the academy players through into the team which was the remit given by Mel. He was slated for selling Lowe but obviously knew Buchanan was ready and gave him the opportunity. He dealt with coming in late, transfer embargo joiners gate and we still finished top 10 turning around a position where we were bottom 6 at Christmas.

With the embargo and the injuries we were always going to have a slow start. He had to gamble with signings like Ibe to get some quality in as we don’t have the funds to go and sign who we want. It was right he was given time for his signings to bed in. We needed to grind out some points, we didn’t. Blackburn was awful, he responded in the right way by shutting up shop. We had some close games with competitive teams in this league but still no points. Forest was the best performance from a Derby side in the East Mids Derby for years and we were robbed by the officials. It bought him more time, we followed it up with good performances against Cardiff and Bournemouth, we didn’t win them but with 3-4-3 we were more solid and in those three games we were starting to create chances.

The improvement was there going into this week, a week which given the start we have had was massive. 2 good performances and minimum 4 probably 6 points needed. Time to rise to the occasion. No.

Instead, I think it’s fair to say Cocu has probably had his worst week in charge in terms of team selection, tactics, everything culminating in two completely abject defeats leaving us bottom of the league. His decisions this week show someone who isn’t handling the pressure well. His mind is scrambled and unfortunately there is no way back for him.

I don’t agree it has all been bad under Cocu, He has brought the youngsters through and has built some really strong foundations for the club to move forward . Our form for a large chunk of 2020 has been where we want it to be and certainly in June gave us real cause for optimism. There were mitigating circumstances to the start of his tenure, there were mitigating circumstances to why we started this season badly. He is the unluckiest manager probably in our history with everything that has happened. 

But this week particularly, with a nearly fully fit squad, he’s had a mer and taken us backwards undoing all the good work from the Forest game. We’re bottom of the league 11 games into the season, but more worryingly we don’t know where the next win is going to come from.

We were all desperate for it to work. I’ve backed him all the way until Wednesday night. Today has confirmed his position is now untenable. Quite fitting with everything that has happened to him that he couldn’t attend what’s probably his last game due to having to self isolate.

Just hope the decisions are made quickly and we get a new coach in because I’m really worried we could get cut adrift if we dither.

2 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

I am very surprised that we haven't had a club statement yet.  You would have thought this would have formed part of the meeting a few days ago and it doesn't seem right to let this carry on any longer.

I wanted Cocu to succeed, perhaps more than any manager I can remember.  He is clearly an upstanding individual and I wish him the best, but we have definitely reached the end of the road here.

This is why i fear it’s going to drag on and leave us in more of a mess, if that’s even possible. It needs resolving now so the new manager can get to grips with the squad and knock this rancid style out of them. 

34 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

What the Neil Warnock who saved Middlesborough from relegation last season and now has them top of the form guide this season. Only losing 2 games? How dare you! It would be too boring ...

34 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

The only ball work I can think they are doing is playing with their knackers.

10 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

Show us the flag Derby, show us the corner flag, please.

Archived