Sack cocu

dantheram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Forest game was a massive opportunity to build on. It was quite a contrast to everything we usually do

He had some good feeling back after that. Even though it was a draw we took only positives from it.

He had the players back. 

And here we are playing the same negative crap. Still refusing to use any of the ugly stuff you see in this league. Still relying on the slightest opening and perfect pass and finish. Insisting on the same tactic that's performed so badly. 

To not build on the Forest game should cost him his job. Not injuries or anything else.

So absolutely gutless. It's crazy. If I look at our players I cannot fathom how we are tracking the same points as 2007/08. If it stays as is, I think we end up with 11 points this year. Time for a change. Right now. 

The blame doesn’t solely lay with Cocu though. Plenty of experience out there none  are rallying the troops. I’m talking about the Rooney, Davies, Marshall, Waghorn, Shinnie ETC. 

The club needs a serious reboot when/if these owners come in. 

I think Cocu could be a good manager for us. However, I don't think he's the right man to turn things around for us.

This was the first transfer window where everything seemed to go perfectly, except it wasn't. Our most prolific forward let go (Martin) and not replaced. One of our most creative players (Bogle) sold for a few packets of crisps more than our other academy prodigy (Hughes) and replaced by an inferior and older model.

Add a stab in the bum for Wisdom and a draining of confidence from the rest of the squad and we arrive where we are. 

Championship teams need a manager who will motivate them..  get the squad running through brick walls every minute of every game. I don't think Cocu's the man to get that from this group of players ?

Just now, Papahet said:

The blame doesn’t solely lay with Cocu though. Plenty of experience out there none  are rallying the troops. I’m talking about the Rooney, Davies, Marshall, Waghorn, Shinnie ETC. 

The club needs a serious reboot when/if these owners come in. 

Agree, but right now the only roll of the dice is to sack him. We can’t sit here and risk going down because the senior may or may not be contributing, it’s the manager’s job to deal with that. 

Deep down I think everyone knows something has to change. 

Im not convinced by many of the options available.......it’s also such a huge decision as we can’t afford to bring a manager with as a long term project.

We need results now so our options are going to be limited.

We’re in a really bad place here make no mistake!

He did a good job last season. This season has just been a clusterfuck from the get go. This squad is far too good to be struggling like it is. The management staff aren’t putting them in the right places to be at their most effective. This squad, with less quality, finished in the top 10. We’ve added quality players and now look worse. Well, I wouldn’t even say look worse, because I do see a good level of technical ability, but they’re set up so ineffectively. 

We’ve literally got no other option now but to use these two weeks to turn the club upside down. 

Archived