Sack cocu

dantheram

If you want to save your job Phil and beat Barnsley, play the women's team on Saturday, They have more balls than our current 1st team squad. Things were turning round, players returning, playing better but.......... you had to tinker. I back the manager, but im rapidly losing faith, it's basically men v boys when im watching Derby at the minute, tip-toe football that's frustrating the s##t out of me.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DRBee said:

For the bit I have highlighted , the word 'clueless' would be a good and rational response to the decision to change formation. Whilst performances have not produced the wins we hope for, that formation has improved results. Cocu's explanation for the change just doesn't make sense. 

I think desperate would be more fitting. In theory it was an extra attacking player on the pitch but in the end it just looked muddled.

I find it frustrating, and this is a general point and isn’t aimed at yourself, that I see some of the same faces who moaned that the 343 was too defensive now questioning the decision to change from it.

Ultimately, probably a case of damned if he did and damned if he didn’t. 

1 hour ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Are the players not playing for the manager? I really want Cocu to succeed and felt we were turning a corner but when the realities are presented to me, it’s hard to argue.

I don't think its a case of them not playing for the manager, they're a good group of lads it just simply isn't working.

On 17/10/2020 at 07:54, ramsbottom said:

Pipe down lad...

I’ve watched enough football to realise that if your teams missing it’s 4 first choice attackers at once their going to struggle to break teams down. If Rooney hadn’t missed his sitter last night we’d be congratulating the lads on a battling performance against a side who’ll be there or thereabouts come the end of the season. 

Do you only take account of goal s and ignore everything else? The first half caution , the frequent misplaced passes and giving the ball away made this a dreadful performance. We could ignore that if playing poorly was an isolated event but its become a pattern. How many goals ahve we actually scored in our 10 matches? Nowhere near what is acceptable. What 4 first choice attackers were mssing last night?

8 minutes ago, ramit said:

Mac having his say on the situation.  The unspoken message being, hi Mel, i can fix this, i am available..again?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/Derby-county/12124414/mcclaren-Derby-and-cocu-underachieving

He’s says he’s watched closely then states saturdays game against Bournemouth is huge ?, let him keep a close watch on Newcastle 

7 minutes ago, ramit said:

Mac having his say on the situation.  The unspoken message being, hi Mel, i can fix this, i am available..again?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/Derby-county/12124414/mcclaren-Derby-and-cocu-underachieving

On the one hand I don't think we should go back a third time and I would have concerns about McClaren on a longer term scale. But with that to one side we have a squad that would probably suit McClaren and he could probably thrive with. The squad is in a similar position to when he took over the first time but with arguably more quality.

If (and it's looking like increasingly when) we let go off Cocu, we probably want to look towards someone is a good coach first and foremost. Particular one who wants to play football. Either that or settle for an ultra pragmatist who will settle for 19th and sack at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

On the one hand I don't think we should go back a third time and I would have concerns about McClaren on a longer term scale. But with that to one side we have a squad that would probably suit McClaren and he could probably thrive with. The squad is in a similar position to when he took over the first time but with arguably more quality.

If (and it's looking like increasingly when) we let go off Cocu, we probably want to look towards someone is a good coach first and foremost. Particular one who wants to play football. Either that or settle for an ultra pragmatist who will settle for 19th and sack at the end of the season.

i agree that Mac could probably get much more out the available players, but in the unlikely event that he gets appointed until the end of the season and he builds a solid foundation, i see no reason to not let him have another season, but then again Mac would likely demand a longer deal than that. 

Wassall as caretaker manager for the short term, might be the best choice, given the uncertainty of the ownership situation.

3 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

No,I'm not suggesting they want him gone,I'm suggesting that they have lost faith in him and/or his methods.

And this squad is primarily Cocus chosen players,so the merry go round at the club really shouldn't be effecting them if they haven't experienced it here.

The players are Cocus tools but he's the carpenter.

But how can they suddenly lose the faith? We gave a youngster a rest and we swapped a defender out for a winger.

Is that really enough to turn a team full of desire and fight to passengers in 4 days? They didn't turn up, and I didn't see anyone try to change that. 

I know flat matches happen, but this was a big game for us. 

The players and formation were good enough to win that game. The substitutes were poor from Cocu and the difference those players made.

You have to put responsibility on the players as much as Cocu for this game.

1 minute ago, BondJovi said:

But how can they suddenly lose the faith? We gave a youngster a rest and we swapped a defender out for a winger.

Is that really enough to turn a team full of desire and fight to passengers in 4 days? They didn't turn up, and I didn't see anyone try to change that. 

I know flat matches happen, but this was a big game for us. 

The players and formation were good enough to win that game. The substitutes were poor from Cocu and the difference those players made.

You have to put responsibility on the players as much as Cocu for this game.

It's not suddenly happened mate,we have won something like twice over the past 16 games....that sort of statistic is going to drag the most enthusiastic footballer down....they have reached the end of the road with him as have many of us.

20 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It's not suddenly happened mate,we have won something like twice over the past 16 games....that sort of statistic is going to drag the most enthusiastic footballer down....they have reached the end of the road with him as have many of us.

Since Blackburn we have been just about steadily improving. We perhaps should have more points than we do.

I just didn't feel the players appreciated or were bothered by the situation. Yet in the previous game I felt they gave it all.

Something far more drastic has to have changed in 4 days than a formation change. Maybe they had had enough and decided to not play for the manager, but they still could have played for the club and the fans. But they didn't. I am surprised that people can happily gloss over that but go into meltdown that Cocu isn't waving his arms and screaming in the sidelines.

3 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Something far more drastic has to have changed in 4 days than a formation change. Maybe they had had enough and decided to not play for the manager, but they still could have played for the club and the fans.

I really cannot see where you got this idea from. They played a different system last night and it didn't work well at times, but their efforts didn't seem much different than in previous games, couldn't see anything 'drastic' at all.

22 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

This sums it up perfectly 

Archived